Hanna V. Kopytok – PhD Biol.Sci., Associate Prof., Deputy Director for organizational and methodical work, State Institution «National Science and Practice Centre of Medical Assessment and Rehabilitation, area of Yukhnovka, 223027 Minsk, Republic of Belarus. E-mail: email@example.com
In the heading: Original researches
Year: 2019 Volume: 1 Journal number: 1
Article type: scientific and practical
Relevance. Identification of the needs of people with disabilities in rehabilitation is an important task of medical and social assessment, because they produces the necessary complex of rehabilitation measures and determine the level of social assistance.
Aim. The purpose of this research is to study the needs of persons with disabilities in rehabilitation activities, services, technical means of social rehabilitation.
Materials and methods. The study of the needs of persons with disabilities in various types of medical and social rehabilitation, rehabilitation activities, services, and technical means of social rehabilitation (TMSR) was conducted on a sample of 418 people with disabilities, which were drawn up an individual program of rehabilitation.
Results. The study showed that the greatest need for the sample was noted in medical rehabilitation 99,8%. Among disabled people of groups 1 and 2 this figure was 100%, and among disabled people of group 3 – 99,4%.
The need for professional, labour and social rehabilitation accounted for 43,8% and 33,5% respectively. The high level of needs in professional and labour rehabilitation of persons with disabilities observed in 3 groups with 92,5%.
The greatest need in professional and labour rehabilitation were experienced by the disabled at a young age. The high level of need in social rehabilitation were experienced by the disabled of the first group and 91,4% and was highest in the older age groups 65-69 years (66,7%) and 70 years and older (70,1%).
The need of persons with disabilities in the TMSR averaged 23,4%. Among the disabled of the 1st group (46,9%) aged 18-34 years TMSR is most popular.
Conclusions. The obtained data indicate that all persons with disabilities were in need of comprehensive rehabilitation. The greatest need was noted in medical rehabilitation, a need for professional, labour and social rehabilitation was recorded slightly below. In the technical means of social rehabilitation needed every fourth sample.
Thus, the formation needs for different types of rehabilitation, rehabilitation activities, services, technical means of social rehabilitation is influenced by disability group and age of the disabled person.
Keywords: person with disabilities, rehabilitation, rehabilitation service, technical means of social rehabilitation
Download the full text of the article
1. Smychek VB, Kazakevich DS, Kopytok AV, Golikova VV. Mediko-social’naja jekspertiza, medicinskaja reabilitacija i kachestvo okazanija medicinskoj pomoshhi v Respublike Belarus’: sostojanie i perspektivy razvitija. Voprosy organizacii i informatizacii zdravoohranenija. 2018;(2):4-11. (In Russ.) [Smychek VB, Kazakevich DS, Kopytok AV, Golikova VV. Medical and Social examination, medical rehabilitation and quality of delivery of health care in Republic of Belarus: state and prospects of development. Questions of the organization and informatization of health care. 2018;(2):4-11. (In Russ.)]
2. Smychek VB. Sovremenny`e aspekty` invalidnosti. – Minsk: Belorusskij gosudarstvenny`j agrarny`j texnicheskij universitet. BGATU; 2012. 260 p. (In Russ.) [Smychek VB. Sovremennye aspekty invalidnosti. Minsk: Nauka Publ. Belarusian state agricultural technical university BSATU; 2012. 260 p. (In Russ.)]
3. Novikova SI. Sovershenstvovanie processa kompleksnoj reabilitacii invalidov. Sacyjal’na-jekanamіchnyja і pravavyja dasledavannі. Minsk: 2013;(4):108-114. (In Belarus.)[Novikova SI. Improvement of process of complex rehabilitation of disabled people. Sacyjal’na- jekanamіchnyja і pravavyja dasledavannі. Minsk: 2013;(4):108-114. (In Belarus.] [URL: http://elib.bspu. by/handle/doc/15214]
4. Smychek VB. Osnovy MKF. Minsk: Belarusian state agricultural technical university BGATU; 2015. – 430 p. (In Russ).[Smychek VB. ISF bases. Minsk: Nauka Publ. Belarusian state agricultural technical university BGATU; 2015. 430 (In Russ).]
5. Mavlikaeva JA. Opredelenie potrebnosti invalidov trudosposobnogo vozrasta v kompleksnoj reabilitacii na regional’nom urovne. Mediko-social’naja jekspertiza i reabilitacija. 2008;(3):20-22. (In Russ).[Mavlikaeva JA. Definition of need of disabled people of working- age for complex rehabilitation at the regional level// medico-social examination and rehabilitation. – 2008. – № 3. – Page 20-22. 2008;(3):20-22. (In Russ).]