Smirnova Ludmila Mikhailovna, Grand PhD in Engineering sciences, leading researcher of the Department of Biomechanical Studies of the Musculoskeletal System of the Institute of Prosthetics and Orthotics of Federal Scientific Center of Rehabilitation of the Disabled named after G.A. Albrecht, 50 Bestuzhevskaya Street, 195067 St. Petersburg, Russian Federation; Professor of the Biotechnical Systems Department of the St. Petersburg State Electrotechnical University “LETI” named after V. I. Ulyanov (Lenin), 5 Professora Popova Street, 197376 St. Petersburg, Russian Federation, phone: +7 (911) 919-55-35, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Volkova Valentina Mikhailovna, PhD in Historical sciences, leading researcher of the Department of Orthopedic Shoes and Special Clothing for the Disabled of the Institute of Prosthetics and Orthotics of the Federal Scientific Center of Rehabilitation of the Disabled named after G.A. Albrecht, 50 Bestuzhevskaya Street, 195067 St. Petersburg, Russian Federation; phone +7 (905) 216 90 37; е-mail: email@example.com
Golovin Mikhail Andreevich, Head of the Department of Innovative Technologies of Technical Means of Rehabilitation of the Institute of Prosthetics and Orthotics of the Federal Scientific Center of Rehabilitation of the Disabled named after G.A. Albrecht, 50 Bestuzhevskaya Street, 195067 St. Petersburg, Russian Federation; research engineer of the scientific and educational center “Robotics” of the Peter the Great St. Petersburg Polytechnic University, 29 Polytechnicheskaya Street, 195251 St. Petersburg, Russian Federation; phone +7(929)1046780; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Karabanova Natalia Yuryevna, specialist in the creation of technical means of rehabilitation of the Design Department of the Institute of Prosthetics and Orthotics of Federal Scientific Center of Rehabilitation of the Disabled named after G.A. Albrecht, 50 Bestuzhevskaya Street, 195067 St. Petersburg, Russian Federation; senior lecturer, Department of Design and Technology of Garment of the St. Petersburg State University of Industrial Technologies and Design, 18 Bolshaya Morskaya Street, 191186 St. Petersburg, Russian Federation; phone +7 (911) 027-39-88; e-mail: email@example.com
In the heading: Original researches
Year: 2020 Volume: 2 Journal number: 3
Article type: scientific and practical
UDC: 687.1; 004.384; 004.5; 658.52.011.56
Introduction. Special clothing for the disabled is a technical means of rehabilitation that increases the level of self-care of the disabled and their independence from outside help. In 1997, the technology of remote design and production of special clothing was developed and tested for the production of such clothing and providing it to disabled people living remotely from the clothing manufacturing center in order to provide ready-made products for disabled people at their place of residence (hereinafter referred to as “author’s technology”). Since then, new remote technologies for ordering, designing, manufacturing, and purchasing clothing have been introduced. Analysis of the advantages and limitations of these technologies is of interest for determining the feasibility to improve the author’s ready-made technology of manufacturing special clothing for disabled people. This article is the second in a series that examines the advantages and limitations of remote clothing design technologies. In the third (last of the series) article, the characteristics of new technologies will be compared with the author’s technology and will be determined of the solutions that, in our opinion, will be appropriate to borrow for its improvement.
Aim. The aim of the article is to analyse remote technologies for designing clothing and evaluate corresponding them object-oriented functions, which are of primary importance in the manufacture of clothing for disabled people with anatomical and functional disorders of the musculoskeletal system.
Materials and methods. Research material: own experience in the development and application of remote technology for the production of special clothing to disabled people; documentation, brochures, literature sources, foreign and Russian sites for remote design of clothing. Research methods: a theoretical method that includes analysis, synthesis, and analogy.
Results and discussion. The analysis of Internet technologies is carried out: “Remote tailoring”, “Remote address design of clothing using 3D modeling and virtual fitting programs”, “Remote design of clothing using 3D scanning of the consumer’s figure”, “Remote design of clothing with 3D scanning of the figure and fitting on a physical mannequin”. Each of these technologies was evaluated with the implementation of the following object- oriented features depends on the quality of the product: “creating designs”, “virtual selection of the material for the model”, “virtual assessment of the fit of the model to the image of the consumer, definition of initial information for design”, “calculation and construction drawing the basic design, transform the basic design into model construction”, “optimization baseline designs”, “optimization model design”. It is revealed that none of the main types of modern remote technologies for manufacturing clothing for the population has priority for all object-oriented functions that are of primary importance in the manufacture of clothing for disabled people with anatomical and functional disorders of the musculoskeletal system. Each of these types of technologies has priority over the others for one or more of these functions.
In the final, third (last of the series) article, the results of the analysis of the above types of remote automated clothing design technologies described in this (second of the series) article will be compared with the results of the analysis of technologies of Internet-stores and Internet-ateliers considered in the previous (first of the series) article. This will make it possible to identify the most important technological solutions that, in our opinion, it will be advisable to borrow to improve the author’s technology for making special functional and aesthetic clothing for disabled people.
Summary. None of the main types of modern remote technologies for manufacturing clothing for the population has priority over all object-oriented functions that affect the quality of product manufacturing.
Each of these types of technologies has a priority among the others for one or more object-oriented functions that affect the quality of product manufacturing and the experience of implementing them in these technologies should be studied to determine the possibility of its translation to the remote technology of manufacturing special clothing for disabled people as a technical means of rehabilitation.
1. Volkova V.M. (1975) Funktsionalno-ehsteticheskaya odezhda dlya invalidov s defektami verkhnikh konechnostej [Functional and aesthetic clothing for the disabled with upper limb defects]. Ortopediya, travmatologiya i protezirovanie [Orthopedics, traumatology and prosthetics]. Moscow, no.3. pp. 31-33 (In Russian).
2. Instruktsiya «O poryadke obespecheniya naseleniya protezno-ortopedicheskimi izdeliyami, oblegchaushchimi zhizn invalidov» [Instructions «on the procedure for providing the population with prosthetic and orthopedic products that facilitate the lives of disabled people]. Utverzhdena prikazom Ministerstva sotsialnogo obespecheniya RSFSR ot 15 fevralya 1991 goda № 35. [Approved by order No. 35 of the Ministry of social security of the RSFSR dated February 15, 1991]. – URL: http://docs.cntd.ru/document/901714478 ((accessed 05.03.2020) (In Russian).
3. Federalnyj perechen reabilitatsionnykh meropriyatij, tekhnicheskikh sredstv reabilitatsiyi i uslug, predostavlyaemykh invalidam. [Federal list of rehabilitation measures, technical means of rehabilitation and services provided to the disabled person]. Utverzhden rasporyazheniem Pravitelstva Rossiyskoj Federatsiyi ot 30 dekabrya 2005 goda № 2347- r. [Approved by decree of the Government of the Russian Federation of December 30, 2005, no. 2347-r]. – URL: https://legalacts.ru/doc/rasporjazhenie-pravitelstva- rf-ot-30122005-n-2347-r. (accessed 05.03.2020) (In Russian).
4. Volkova V.M., Smirnova L.M., Filatov V.I. (2019) Ot pervogo izobreteniya odezhdy dlya invalidov do organizatsiyi distancionnoj tehnologiyi eye proizvodstva i sistemy obespecheniya nuzhdayushchihsya v nej [From the first invention of clothing for the disabled to the organization of remote technology of its production and the system of providing those in need of it].
Fizicheskaya i reabilitatsionnaya meditsina. [Physical and rehabilitation medicine]. Saint Petersburg, vol. 1, no. 3, pp. 14-28 (In Russian).
5. ArinaBoganova. – URL: https://www.arinaboganova.ru/ blog/distantsionnyj-poshiv (accessed 30-05-2019) .
6. Savicheva E.O., Doronina N.V. Distantsionnoe adresnoe proektirovanie odezhdy dlya ludej s raznymi somaticheskimi osobennostyami [Remote address design of clothing for people with different somatic features]. Molodye uchenye – razvitiyu tekstilno-promyshlennogo klastera (poisk – 2015): sbornik materialov konferentsii – Chast 1. – Ivaovo: IGPU [Young scientists-development of the textile and industrial cluster (search-2015): collection of conference materials – Part 1. – Ivanovo: IGPU] (In Russian).
7. TC2– URL: https://www.tc2.com/scan2tailor-1.html (data obrashcheniya 07-05-2019).
8. Patent RU 2387352 C2 27.10.2009 (In Russian).
9. Patent RU 156812 U1 2015-11-20 (In Russian).
10. Royal Dress Form [Royal Dress Form]. – URL: https:// rdfgroup.ru/page/3dmaneken (accessed 11-06-2019) (In Russian).
11. Maneken servis [Dummy service]. – URL: http://www. maneken-service.cevilnoff.ru/ (accessed 11-06-2019) (In Russian).
12. Patent RU 2540395 С1 2015-02-10 (In Russian).