Smychek Vasiliy Borisovich, Honored worker of science of the Republic of Belarus, doctor of medical Sciences (Dr. Med. Sci), professor, Director of the National Science and Practice Centre of Medical Assessment and Rehabilitation, 223027 Gorodishche settlement, Minsk district, Minsk region, Republic of Belarus; е-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the heading: Original researches
Year: 2019 Volume: 1 Journal number: 3
Article type: scientific and practical
Purpose. Improving the quality of the provision of expert examination and rehabilitation assistance to the population of the Republic of Belarus by analyzing the existing model and prospects for the development and improvement of the service of medical and social expert examination and rehabilitation.
Materials and methods. The state of the legal base, the system of medical rehabilitation, the basic concepts of disability adopted in the Republic of Belarus is analyzed. The main state programs that provide for the implementation of a number of activities aimed at preserving and strengthening the health of citizens, the prevention of disability, and the rehabilitation of disabled people are given.
Results. The Republic of Belarus implements a state policy regarding persons with disabilities, based both on the Constitution of the country, and on the laws, government decrees and other regulatory legal acts. A step-by-step system of medical rehabilitation has been developed and is being successfully implemented in practice. Successfully implemented government programs aimed at improving the health of the population. Scientific support is carried out in the form of industry-specific scientific and technical programs.
Conclusion. The given data indicate that the state model of medical and social expert examination and rehabilitation has been created in the Republic of Belarus. It successfully operates and is improving. This model is based on the legal framework in the field of expert examination and rehabilitation, provides for the implementation of the National Action Plan for the implementation of the main provisions of the Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities. Rehabilitation of the sick and disabled provides for the implementation of measures at the medical, professional, labor and social stages in compliance with the basic principles of rehabilitation. Disability is considered as a medical, social, legal concept, as a socio-economic phenomenon and dynamic category. The implementation of state programs contributes to the further development of research in terms of the development of modern assessment and rehabilitation technologies and, in practical terms, contributing to the improvement of the quality of life of an individual.
1. Konvenciya o pravah invalidov, prinyataya General’noj Assambleej OON 24 yanvarya 2007 g. [Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities, adopted by the UN General Assembly on January 24, 2007]. (In Russian).
2. Ukaz Prezidenta Respubliki Belarus’ № 401 ot 24.09.2015 «O podpisanii Respublikoj Belarus’ Konvencii o pravah invalidov». [Decree of the President of the Republic of Belarus No. 401 of September 24, 2015 «About the Signing by the Republic of Belarus of the Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities»]. (In Russian).
3. Zakon Respubliki Belarus’ ot 11.11.1991 № 1224-XII «O social’noj zashchite invalidov v Respublike Belarus’». [Law of the Republic of Belarus of 11.11.1991 No. 1224- XII «About the Social Protection of Disabled Persons in the Republic of Belarus»]. (In Russian).
4. Zakon Respubliki Belarus’ ot 17.10.1994 № 3317-XII «O preduprezhdenii invalidnosti i reabilitacii invalidov». [Law of the Republic of Belarus of 17.10.1994 No. 3317- XII «About Prevention of Disability and Rehabilitation of Disabled Persons»]. (In Russian).
5. Smychek V.B., Hulup G.Ya., Mil’kamanovich V.K. (2005) Mediko-social’naya ekspertiza i reabilitaciya. [Medical and social assessment and rehabilitation]. Minsk: UNIPAK, 420 p. (In Russian).
6. Smychek V.B. (In Russian) Reabilitaciya bol’nyh i invalidov (2009). [Rehabilitation of the sick and disabled]. Moskow: Medical literature, 560 p.
7. Prikaz Ministerstva zdravoohraneniya Respubliki Belarus’ ot 10.12.2004 № 1300 «O poryadke okazaniya medicinskoj reabilitacii v ambulatornyh, stacionarnyh usloviyah, v usloviyah dnevnogo prebyvaniya, a takzhe vne organizacij zdravoohraneniya». [Order of the Ministry of Health of the Republic of Belarus of December 10, 2004 No. 1300 «About the procedure for rendering medical rehabilitation in outpatient, inpatient conditions, during day stay conditions, and also outside of healthcare organizations»]. (In Russian).
8. Vsemirnyj doklad ob invalidnosti. [World Report about the Disability]. Geneva: WHO, 2011. 28 p. (In Russian).
9. Postanovlenie Soveta Ministrov Respubliki Belarus’ ot 14.03.2016 № 200 «Ob utverzhdenii Gosudarstvennoj programmy «Zdorov’e naroda i demograficheskaya bezopasnost’ Respubliki Belarus’ na 2016–2020 gody». [Resolution of the Council of Ministers of the Republic of Belarus of March 14, 2016 No. 200 «About the approval of the State program People’s Health and Demographic Security of the Republic of Belarus for 2016-2020»]. (In Russian).
10. Postanovlenie Soveta Ministrov Respubliki Belarus’ ot 30.01.2016 g. № 173 «Ob utverzhdenii Gosudarstvennoj programmy o social’noj zashchite i sodejstvii zanyatosti naseleniya na 2016–2020 gody». [Resolution of the Council of Ministers of the Republic of Belarus of January 30, 2016 No. 173 «About the approval of the State program on social protection and promotion of employment of the population for 2016-2020»]. (In Russian).
11. Stucki G., Ewert T., Cieza A. (2002) Value and ICF in rehabilitation medicine. Disabit. Rehabil. vol. 17: 932-938.
12. Smychek V.В. (2012) Sovremennye aspekty invalidnosti. [Modern aspects of disability]. Minsk, 268 p. (In Russian). 13. Smychek V.В. (2015) Osnovy MKF. [Basics of the ICF].
Minsk, 432 p. (In Russian).