Smychek Vasiliy Borisovich, Honored worker of science of the Republic of Belarus, Grand PhD in Medical sciences (Dr. Med. Sci), Professor, Director of the National Science and Practice Centre of Medical Assessment and Rehabilitation, 223027 Gorodishche settlement, Minsk district, Minsk region, Republic of Belarus; е-mail: email@example.com
In the heading: Original researches
Year: 2020 Volume: 2 Journal number: 2
Article type: scientific and practical
Introduction. The problem of disabled citizens is relevant and modern for any country of the world, as anyone at a certain point in life can experience restrictions in their functioning. There are chronic diseases that lead to restrictions on his life, reduced quality of life and disability. There are a number of acute diseases that result in severe disability effects in an individual.
Aim. A statement of the historical aspects of the establishment of rehabilitation, the current state, the rehabilitation system in the Republic of Belarus, the prospects for the development of the rehabilitation direction.
Materials and methods. The main historical stages of rehabilitation formation are presented. A modern view is given on the consequences of the disease from the perspective of rehabilitation, as well as on ensuring the proper quality of rehabilitation assistance. The system of medical rehabilitation in the Republic of Belarus is described.
The prospects for further development of rehabilitation are outlined.
Results. In the historical aspect, human society has come a long way in understanding the provision of rehabilitation assistance to disabled citizens, that is, people with persistent consequences of diseases and injuries. Today, modern views on the consequences of the disease are used to maximize the objectification of the patient’s condition and determine his need for specific types of social assistance and protection. The quality of medical care is taking the lead. The current state of society determines the main directions and prospects for the further development of rehabilitation.
Conclusion. The progressive development of society predetermined the progressive development of rehabilitation as a direction conducive to the maximum integration of disabled citizens into the family, collective, and society. In the last decade, rehabilitation has been further developed. Today, national rehabilitation systems have been created in different countries. The Republic of Belarus successfully operates a staged system of medical rehabilitation. The medical-demographic and socio-economic aspects taking place in the modern world determine promising directions for the further improvement of rehabilitation.
1. Smychek, V.B. Reabilitaciya bol’nyh i invalidov [Rehabilitation of the sick and disabled]. Moskow: Medical literature, 2009. 560 p. (In Russian).
2. Osnovy mediko-social’noj reabilitacii invalidov [Fundamentals of medical and social rehabilitation of the disabled] S. N. Puzin [et al.]. Moskow, 2003. 320 p. (In Russian).
3. Demidenko, T.D. Reabilitaciya pri cerebrovaskulyarnoj patologii [Rehabilitation for cerebrovascular pathology] / T. D. Demidenko. – L.: Medicine, 1989. – 208 p. (In Russian).
4. Konvenciya o pravah invalidov, prinyataya General’noj Assambleej OON 24 yanvarya 2007 g. [Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities, adopted by the UN General Assembly on January 24, 2007] (In Russian).
5. International Classification of Impairments, Disabilities and Handicaps (ICIDH). Geneva: WHO, 1980.
6. International Classification of Functioning, Disability and Health. Geneva: WHO 2001.
7. Smychek, V.B. (2015) Osnovy MKF [Fundamentals of the IСF]. Minsk. 432 p. (In Russian).
8. Donabedian, A. (1982) The criteria and standards of quality. Health administration Press. Ann. Abor.
9. Smychek, V.B., Bogdanovich L.N., Bogdanov A.I. (2015) O gosudarstvennoj politike Respublik Belarus’ v otnoshenii invalidov [On the state policy of the Republic of Belarus in relation to persons with disabilities]. Health, no12, pp. 12-16 (In Russian).
10. Ukaz Prezidenta Respubliki Belarus’ № 401 ot 24.09.2015 «O podpisanii Respublikoj Belarus’ Konvencii o pravah invalidov». [Decree of the President of the Republic of Belarus No. 401 of September 24, 2015 «About the Signing by the Republic of Belarus of the Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities»] (In Russian).
11. Ob utverzhdenii Nacional’nogo plana dejstvij po realizacii v Respublike Belarus’ polozhenij Konvencii o pravah invalidov na 2017-2025 gody. [About approval of the National Plan of Action for the implementation in Belarus of the provisions of the Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities for 2017-2025]. Decree of the Council of Ministers of the Republic of Belarus No. 451 of June 13, 2017 (In Russian).
12. Standartnye pravila obespecheniya ravnyh vozmozhnostej dlya invalidov. Rezolyuciya 48/96 Assamblei OON ot 20 dekabrya 1993 g. [Standard Rules for Equal Opportunities for Persons with Disabilities]. UN Assembly Resolution 48/96 of December 20, 1993 (In Russian).
13. Smychek, V.B. (2016) Medicinskaya reabilitaciya i ekspertiza v Respublike Belarus’ [Medical rehabilitation and examination in the Republic of Belarus]. Health. №12. pp. 30-43 (In Russian).
14. Prikaz Ministerstva zdravoohraneniya Respubliki Belarus’ ot 10.12.2004 № 1300 «O poryadke okazaniya medicinskoj reabilitacii v ambulatornyh, stacionarnyh usloviyah, v usloviyah dnevnogo prebyvaniya, a takzhe vne organizacij zdravoohraneniya». [Order of the Ministry of Health of the Republic of Belarus of December 10, 2004 No. 1300 «About the procedure for rendering medical rehabilitation in outpatient, inpatient conditions, during day stay conditions, and also outside of healthcare organizations»] (In Russian).
15. [Simulation and aggravation in expert practice]. Edited by prof. V.B. Smychek. Minsk, «Kolograd». – 2019. – 342 p. (In Russian).