Pomnikov Viktor Grigorievich, Grand PhD in Medical sciences, Professor, Rector and Head of the Department of Neurology, Medical and Social Expertise and Rehabilitation of the St. Petersburg Institute for Advanced Training of Medical Experts of the Ministry of Labour and Social Protection of the Russian Federation, 11/12 B. Sampsonievsky Ave., 194044 St. Petersburg, Russian Federation.
In the heading: Original researches
Year: 2021 Volume: 3 Journal number: 2
Article type: scientific and practical
Introduction. Taking into account the global changes in the social policy of the Russian Federation in recent years, the article considers the need for interdepartmental interaction in the rehabilitation of patients and disabled people.
The aim of the work is to substantiate the importance of interdepartmental interaction to improve the rehabilitation of patients and disabled people.
Materials and methods. The content analysis of the materials of the report of the Ministry of Labour and Social Protection of the Russian Federation on the state of disability in Russia, a number of regulatory legal acts on the application of the International Classification of Functioning, Disability and Health in medical and social expertise, the procedure for developing and implementing an individual rehabilitation program or habilitation of a disabled person (disabled child), the organization and effectiveness of rehabilitation of patients and disabled people.
Results. The dynamics of the number of disabled people in the Russian Federation with a tendency to decrease some indicators, but a low percentage of rehabilitation is revealed. The article substantiates the importance of using the principles laid down in the International Classification of Functioning, Disability and Health for understanding the processes occurring in the system of medical and social expertise and rehabilitation, both in Russia and in foreign countries. The necessary measures are proposed that would improve the rehabilitation indicators in Russia with the active work of all ministries, departments and organizations involved in the rehabilitation system.
Conclusion. In Russia, morbidity and mortality have stabilized in recent years, although the proportion of people of retirement age is increasing; there has been an improvement in the standard of living of society, including pensioners, as well as an improvement in the quality of medical care, many qualified and specialized types of assistance have become available; there has been a decrease in the number of disabled people and a decrease in the level of disability per 10,000 of the population. All this should lead to a stabilization of the growth of disability in the next few years and lead to an improvement in rehabilitation indicators in the future.
Keywords: inter- agency co-operation, International Classification of Functioning, medical and social examination, rehabilitation
Download the full text of the article
1. Doklad o sostoyanii invalidnosti v Rossijskoj Federacii / FGBU FB MSE Mintruda Rossii [Report on the state of disability in the Russian Federation/ FSBU FB ITU Ministry of Labour], 2020:174. (In Russian).
2. Federal’nyj zakon ot 24 noyabrya 1995 g. № 181-FZ «O social’noj zashchite invalidov v Rossijskoj Federacii» [Federal law of November 24, 1995 No. 181-Fz «On the social protection of disabled people in the Russian Federation»]. (In Russian).
3. Konvenciya o pravah invalidov, prinyata Rezolyuciej General’noj assamlei OON ot 13 dekabrya 2006 g. № 61/106 (sost. na 26.10. 2012 g.) [Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities, adopted by the UN General Assembly Resolution of 13 December 2006 No. 61/106 (26.10. 2012)]. 2012. (In Russian).
4. ICF Checklist. Geneva. World Health Organization, 2001:342.
5. Mezhdunarodnaya klassifikaciya funkcionirovaniya, ogranichenij zhiznedeyatel’nosti i zdorov’ya. Osnovnye polozheniya. Uchebno-metodicheskoe posobie / VG Pomnikov, MV Korobov [International classification of functioning, disabilities and health. Key provisions. Training manual] / VG Pomnikov, MV Korobov. St. Petersburg, 2021. 36p. (In Russian).
6. MKF v reabilitacii / AV Shoshmin, GN Ponomarenko. [IFF in rehabilitation] /AV Shoshmin, GN Ponomarenko. CIAN LLC, R-KOPI LLC. St. Petersburg, 2018:238. (In Russian).
7. Reabilitaciya invalidov: Nacional’noe rukovodstvo / pod red. GN Ponomarenko [Rehabilitation of disabled people: National Leadership] / under ed. GN Ponomarenko, Moscow, 2018. (In Russian).
8. Spravochnik po mediko-social’noj ekspertize i reabilitacii /red. VG Pomnikov, 5-e izd., [Handbook on medical and social examination and rehabilitation / ed. VG Pomnikov, 5th ed.], Sankt-Peterburg, «Gippokrat» [St. Petersburg, Hippocrates], 2021:640. (In Russian).
9. Prikaz Mintruda Rossii ot 13 iyunya 2017 g. № 486n «Ob utverzhdenii poryadka razrabotki i realizacii individual’noj programmy reabilitacii ili abilitacii rebyonka-invalida, vydavaemym federal’nymi gosudarstvennymi uchrezhdeniyami mediko- social’noj ekspertizy» [The order of the Russian Ministry of Labor of June 13, 2017 No. 486n «On the approval of the procedure for the development and implementation of an individual rehabilitation program or rehabilitation of a disabled child, issued by the federal state agencies of medical and social examination»]. (In Russian).