Sujunalieva Burul Sharshenovna, President of the Public Fund for the Development of Social Services, PhD in Economic sciences, Kyrgyz Republic, Bishkek, 62 Radishcheva Street, tel.: 996 312 54 33 16.
Vladimirova Oxana Nikolayevna, Director of the Institute of Rehabilitation and Habilitation of the Albrecht Federal Scientific Centre of Rehabilitation of the Disabled, PhD in Medical sciences, 50 Bestuzhevskaya Street, 195067 Saint Petersburg, Russian Federation; e-mail: email@example.com
Bagdasaryan Gemma Samvelovna, Lecturer of the Department of Social Work, Urartu University of Practical Psychology and Sociology, Honorary Doctor of the Armenian Department of the International and Russian Academies of Natural Sciences, 19a Koryun Street, 0009 Yerevan, Republic of Armenia.
In the heading: Original researches
Year: 2020 Volume: 2 Journal number: 2
Article type: scientific and practical
Introduction. The article contains information about disability and the activities on development of the rehabilitation and habilitation system for persons with disabilities in the Kyrgyz Republic. In the Kyrgyz Republic special attention is paid to the issues of social protection of persons with disabilities, there is a system of disability assessment, a number of rehabilitation institutions, the Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities is signed and ratified, a reform of legislative, legal and institutional fundamentals of rehabilitation and habilitation of persons with disabilities has started, NGOs on protection of rights of persons with disabilities are active.
The country has an experience in introduction of the International Classification of Functioning, Disability and Health in the framework of pilot projects in the system of disability assessment. The article presents the results of disability and rehabilitation analysis, carried out in the Kyrgyz Republic in 2019. Evidence-based suggestions on development of rehabilitation and habilitation of persons with disabilities in the Kyrgyz Republic on the basis of comprehensive study of disability and expert assessment are addressed. In the article there are also suggestions on adoption of a number of regulatory legal acts. This complex set of measures is necessary for implementation of the requirements of Article 26 of the Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities and inherent rights of persons with disabilities for education, employment and mobility.
Aim. Elaborate evidence-based suggestions on development of the rehabilitation system of persons with disabilities in the Kyrgyz Republic on the basis of complex investigation of disability and expert assessment.
Materials and methods. The research is carried out on the basis of official statistics of the Republican Center for Medical and Social Expertise, Social Fund of the Kyrgyz Republic, Ministry of Labour and Social Development of the Kyrgyz Republic. The indicators of the number and level of the general and incidental (initial) disability is calculated for 11 years, from 2008 to 2018. The projection of disability figures in short-term dynamics is calculated using the method of rolling average.
Results. The situational analysis and predictive models of disability calculated with a high degree of reliability are projecting growth of disability indicators in the coming 3 years. Consequently, state interventions aimed at establishment and development of the system of rehabilitation and habilitation in the Kyrgyz Republic will be extremely relevant.
The Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities contains a lot of new provisions, implementation of which in the Kyrgyz Republic will require reforms of legal and regulatory legal acts, improvement of current and introduction of new mechanisms ensuring rights of persons with disabilities and creating conditions for their social inclusion.
It is required to develop a national strategy (program, plan) on rehabilitation and habilitation of persons with disabilities (medical, professional, labour and social, psychological), carry out legislative reforms of all spheres of their activity, as well as develop an action plan with specific commitments for the ministries and agencies.
Conclusion. In the Kyrgyz Republic it is necessary to carry out a supra-departmental reform taking into consideration the provisions of the Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities, the International Classification of Functioning, Disability and Health, to unify efforts of governmental bodies in the sphere of healthcare, social protection and education, to develop actively technologies of early interference/assistance, early rehabilitation support (starting from intensive care), medical, social, psychological, educational technologies, to reform the prosthesis and orthopedic sector.
1. Konvenciya o pravah invalidov [Elektronnyj resurs]: rezolyuciya 61/106 General’noj Assamblei ot 13 dekabrya 2006 goda. – Rezhim dostupa: http://www.un.org/ russian/disabilities/ convention/disabilitiesconv.pdf (data obrashcheniya: 21.01.2020) [Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities [Electronic resource]: General Assembly resolution 61/106 of 13 December 2006] (In Russian).
2. Mezhdunarodnaya klassifikaciya funkcionirovaniya, ogranichenij zhiznedeyatel’nosti i zdorov’ya (MKF) (s izmeneniyami i dopolneniyami po sostoyaniyu na 2016 g.). Proekt. Sankt-Peterburg: CHelovek; 2017 [International Classification of Functioning, Life Restrictions and Health (ICF) (as amended as of 2016). Project. St. Petersburg: Person; 2017] (In Russian).
3. 24.kg News Agency [Elektronnyj resurs] – Rezhim dostupa: https://24.kg/vlast/111736_kyirgyizstan_ ratifitsiroval_konventsiyu_oon_opravah_invalidov/ (data obrashcheniya: 21.01.2020) [24 KG News Kyrgyzstan] (In Russian).
4. Konstituciya Kyrgyzskoj Respubliki prinyata referendumom (vsenarodnym golosovaniem) 27 iyunya 2010 goda (s izmeneniyami ot 28.12.2016 g.) [Elektronnyj resurs] – Rezhim dostupa: https://online. zakon.kz/document/?doc_id=30778565#pos=4;-155 (data obrashcheniya: 21.01.2020) [The constitution of the Kyrgyz Republic is adopted by a referendum (national vote) on June 27, 2010 (with changes of 28.12.2016)] (In Russian).
5. CABAR (Central Asian Bureau for Analytical Reporting) CABAR.asia Analytical platform, Bishkek [Elektronnyj resurs] – Rezhim dostupa: https://reporting.cabar.asia/ ru/kak-kyrgyzstan-budet-realizovyvat-konventsiyu- oon-o-pravah-invalidov/ (data obrashcheniya: 21.01.2020).
6. Analiticheskij doklad v sfere prav lyudej s invalidnost’yu stran Central’noj Azii i Azerbajdzhana; Issledovanie «M-Vector» po zakazu «Handicap International, Central Asia Program in Kyrgyzstan [Elektronnyj resurs] – Rezhim dostupa: https:// cso-central.asia/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/P4I- Analitical-report-PwD-CA_AZ_rus_final_070218.pdf (data obrashcheniya: 21.01.2020) [Analytical report on the rights of persons with disabilities in Central Asia and Azerbaijan; M-Vector study commissioned by «Handicap International, Central Asia Program in Kirgyzstan] (In Russian).