Friling Tatyana Gennadievna, Director of the Center for Assistance to Children Left without Parental Care “Rassvet”, 10/2 Rassvetnaya Street, 630129 Novosibirsk, Russian Federation. E-mail: email@example.com
Ryazantseva Svetlana Aleksandrovna, head of the Department of psychological and pedagogical rehabilitation “Action” of the Center for Assistance to Children Left without Parental Care “Rassvet”, 10/2 Rassvetnaya Street, 630129 Novosibirsk, Russian Federation. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ignatenko Olga Evgenievna, Director of the Regional Resource Center “Family and Children” of the Novosibirsk State Pedagogical University, 28 Vilyuyskaya Street, 630126 Novosibirsk, Russian Federation. E-mail: email@example.com
In the heading: Original researches
Year: 2021 Volume: 3 Journal number: 3
Article type: scientific and practical
Introduction. In the context of the formation of a regional system of complex habilitation and rehabilitation, the tasks of building such a model of support that would ensure uniformity of approaches, continuity and consistency in the organization of the activities of social services that provide services to children with disabilities and invalidity, and their families, are of particular importance.
Today, in the system of social support, a large-scale work is being carried out on the local implementation of complex program measures. It is difficult to overestimate the applied value of such an experimental method of testing programs. This practice becomes the main guideline in building a more effective model of assistance at both the micro and macro levels.
The experience of the State Budgetary Institution of the Novosibirsk Region “Rassvet Center” shows that a permanent model of support should become the fundamental concept in the development and implementation of comprehensive rehabilitation and habilitation programs.
Aim. Substantiation of the effectiveness of an integrated approach to the organization of rehabilitation measures for disabled children, children with invalidity, actualization of the principle of continuity, constancy of the supported assistance provided (permanent support).
Materials and methods. The implementation of the program of complex habilitation and rehabilitation of children with disabilities and invalidity at the age stages from early childhood to early adolescence was carried out on the basis of the State Budgetary Institution of the Novosibirsk Region “Rassvet Center”. The program was launched from January to December 2020, in the context of a 42-day rehabilitation course. Target group of service recipients: families raising children with disabilities and invalidity from birth to 18 years old, with intellectual disabilities, speech, communicative development and adaptive behavior disorders, as well as lack of formation social and household skills and abilities. Before the start of the course and after its completion, a comprehensive psychodiagnostic examination of children was conducted, as well as a questionnaire survey of parents.
Results and discussion. The final comprehensive psychodiagnostic examination, carried out by the specialists of the interdisciplinary council after the implementation of the course of rehabilitation measures (as part of the comprehensive individual rehabilitation program), made it possible to state the positive dynamics of changes. The target group of children showed an objective decrease in the consequences of violations, disabilities, approximation of indicators of physical, mental development to individual standards.
Questioning the parents of children before and after the course of rehabilitation allowed us to identify positive changes in the psychoemotional state of the child, the progressive development of speech, communication, sensory development (formation of sensory standards), and self-service skills.
According to the results of the feedback received from the family participating in the rehabilitation process and receiving additional services of specially organized services (for parents), it is noted: overall improvement in the quality of life of the family; increase in parental competence in the issues of upbringing, training, and development of their child; more active involvement of family members in the rehabilitation process and transfer of the rehabilitation experience of helping a child in the home environment.
Conclusion. The experience of introducing a comprehensive program for the rehabilitation and habilitation of children with disabilities and invalidity at the age stages from early childhood to early adolescence is certainly positive. The main tools for effective rehabilitation are a permanent approach, complexity and interdisciplinarity.
1. Ignatenko OE. Marushchak EB. Osobennosti raboty s sem’yami, vospityvayushchimi detej rannego vozrasta s vyyavlennymi narusheniyami razvitiya (regional’nyj opyt) [Features of work with families raising young children with identified developmental disorders (regional experience)]. Kompleksnye issledovaniya detstva [Complex studies of childhood]. 2020;2(4):255-62. (In Russian).
2. Marushchak EB. Osobennosti proektirovaniya programm aktivnoj podderzhki roditelej, vospityvayushchih detej-invalidov i detej s ogranichennymi vozmozhnostyami zdorov’ya [Features of designing programs for active support of parents raising children with disabilities and children with disabilities] Vestnik pedagogicheskih innovacij [Bulletin of pedagogical Innovations]. 2019;55(3):28-33. (In Russian).
3. Porohina ZhV, Yarkov AA. Sovremennoe sostoyanie sistemy kompleksnoj reabilitacii invalidov v Rossijskoj Federacii: problemy i puti razvitiya [The current state of the system of complex rehabilitation of disabled people in the Russian Federation: problems and ways of development]. Al’manah Instituta korrekcionnoj pedagogiki. [Almanac of the Institute of Correctional Pedagogy]. 2020;40. URL: https://alldef.ru/ru/articles/ almanac-no-40/current-state-of-the-system-of-complex-rehabilitation-of-invalids-in-the-russian-federation-problems-and-ways-of-development (Data obrashcheniya [Date of request] 20.03.2021). (In Russian).
4. Ignatenko OE, Marushchak EB, Gasenko DA, Akinshin VA. Rannyaya pomoshch’ detyam, imeyushchim ogranicheniya zhiznedeyatel’nosti, i ih sem’yam v organizaciyah social’noj sfery (regional’nyj opyt): uchebno-metodicheskoe posobie. [Early assistance to children with disabilities and their families in social organizations (regional experience): educational and methodological manual]. Ministerstvo nauki i vysshego obrazovaniya Rossijskoj Federacii, Novosibirskij gosudarstvennyj pedagogicheskij universitet; Ministerstvo truda i social’nogo razvitiya Novosibirskoj oblasti. [Ministry of Science and Higher Education of the Russian Federation, Novosibirsk State Pedagogical University; Ministry of Labor and Social Development of the Novosibirsk region] Novosibirsk: Izd-vo NGPU [Novosibirsk: Publishing House of NSPU] 2020. 86 p. (In Russian).
5. Federal’nyj reestr invalidov. Chislennost’ detej-invalidov. [Federal Register of Disabled Persons. The number of disabled children.]. [Online]. URL: https://sfri.ru/ analitika/chislennost/chislennost-detei?territory=fined (Data obrashcheniya [Date of request]: 26.08.2020). (In Russian).