Gennady N. Burov, cand. Sci. (Tech.), Research Manager of direction of the Federal Scientific Center of Rehabilitation of the Disabled named after G.A. Albrecht, Bestuzhevskaya street 50, 195067 Saint-Petersburg, Russian Federation, е-mail: email@example.com.
Konstantin K. Shcherbina, doctor of medical Sciences (Dr. Med. Sci), director of Institute of Prosthetics and Orthotics of the Federal Scientific Center of Rehabilitation of the Disabled named after G.A. Albrecht, Bestuzhevskaya street 50, 195067 Saint-Petersburg, Russian Federation, е-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Gennady N. Ponomarenko, Honored worker of Science of the Russian Federation, doctor of medical Sciences (Dr. Med. Sci), Professor, General Director of the Federal Scientific Center of Rehabilitation of the Disabled named after G.A. Albrecht, Bestuzhevskaya street 50, 195067 Saint-Petersburg, Russian Federation, е-mail: email@example.com.
Vladimir A. Bolshakov, Head of design Department of Institute of Prosthetics and Orthotics of the Federal Scientific Center of Rehabilitation of the Disabled named after G.A. Albrecht, Bestuzhevskaya street 50, 195067 Saint-Petersburg, Russian Federation, е-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the heading: Chronicle
Year: 2019 Volume: 1 Journal number: 2
Article type: scientific and practical
Introduction. The existing practice of providing prosthetic and orthopedic care is based mainly on the medical and biological nature of disability, gives preference to medical and technical requirements for prosthetic and orthopedic products, evaluates the achieved result, mainly from functional positions. The proposed practice of providing prosthetic and orthopedic care is fundamentally different and corresponds to the maximum extent to modern views on disability.
It includes reliance on the socio-biological nature of disability, focus on achieving the best social results and a comprehensive assessment of prosthetics, which has functional, personal, psychophysiological, social and economic components.
Aim. Identify trends in the development of prosthetic and orthopedic care in Russia, the direction of its improvement and the formation of tasks in the near future.
Materials and methods. The study was conducted on the basis of a retrospective review of the formation of the state system of prosthetics in Russia, as well as on the basis of information materials in the field of prosthetics and orthotics, rehabilitation equipment and technologies of prosthetic and orthopedic care. The ideology of the formation of biotechnical system of rehabilitation, which is the basis for the provision of prosthetic and orthopedic care and the creation of new effective devices and technologies, including the supply of disabled people with other technical means of rehabilitation. The necessity of the insrumental evaluation of the functional efficiency of prosthetics and orthotics is shown.
Results. The conducted research allowed the Institute of prosthetics and orthotics to define and formulate the objectives of scientific developments in the near future, aimed at further improvement and development of the system of prosthetic and orthopedic care in Russia, including:
– digitalization of assistive technologies of prosthetic and orthopedic care to the population of the Russian Federation;
– development of bionic prostheses of upper and lower limbs:
– biomechanical studies of the musculoskeletal system, evaluation of the effectiveness of providing disabled people with prosthetic and orthopedic products and orthopedic shoes.
Conclusion. The modern strategy of development of production of industrial products for rehabilitation purposes is aimed at creating in the Russian Federation a modern, competitive, sustainable and structurally balanced rehabilitation industry that produces products for rehabilitation and habilitation, creating an accessible environment, other assistive devices and technologies necessary for the restoration or compensation of health problems.
In addition, rehabilitation products should provide autonomy, improve the quality of life, social and other activities of persons with disabilities.
1. Kejer A.N. (ed.), Rozhkov A.V. (ed.) (1999) Rukovodstvo po protezirovaniyu i ortezirovaniyu [Guide to prosthetics and orthotics]. Saint-Petersburg: – 624 р. [In Russian]
2. Kurdybajlo S.F. (ed.) (2013) Tekhnicheskie sredstva reabilitacii bol’nyh i invalidov s porazheniem verhnih konechnostej. Uchebno-metodicheskoe posobie [Technical means of rehabilitation of patients and disabled persons with upper extremities. Educational and methodical manual]. Saint-Petersburg: Znak. – 292 р. [In Russian]
3. Ponomarenko G.N., Bol’shakov V.A. (2018) Federal’nyj nauchnyj centr reabilitacii invalidov imeni G.A. Al’brekhta: stranicy istorii [Federal scientific center for rehabilitation of disabled people named after G. A. Albrecht: pages of history]. SPb: OOO «CIAN, OOO «R-KOPI». – 180 р. [In Russian]
4. Ponomarenko G.N. (ed.) (2018) Reabilitaciya invalidov: nacional’noe rukovodstvo [Rehabilitation of invalids: National leadership]. Moscow: GEOTAR-Media, 2018. – 731 p. [In Russian]
5. Smirnova L.M., Yuldashev Z.M. (2012) Metody i sistemy ocenki funkcional’noj effektivnosti protezirovaniya i ortezirovaniya pacientov s patologiej nizhnih konechnostej [Methods and systems for assessing the functional effectiveness of prosthetics and orthotics in patients with lower limb pathology]. Saint-Petersburg: SPbGETU «LETI». – 215 p. [In Russian]
6. Kurdybajlo S.F., Ponomarenko G.N., Evseev S.P., Suslyaev V.G., Chekushina G.V. (2018) Tekhnicheskie sredstva reabilitacii dlya zanyatij adaptivnoj fizicheskoj kul’turoj i sportom [Technical means of rehabilitation to adaptive physical education classes and sports]. Saint-Petersburg: OOO»R-KOPI». – 130 p. [In Russian].