Dudchenko Leyla Shamilevna, Grand PhD in Medical sciences, head of the Research department of pulmonology, Academic Research Institute of Physical Methods of Treatment, Medical Climatology and Rehabilitation named after I.M. Sechenov, 10/3 Mukhina Street, 298603 Yalta, Russian Federation, tel.: +7970071349; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Kaladze Nikolay Nikolaevich, Grand PhD in Medical sciences, Professor, head of Department of pediatrics, physiotherapy and balneology, Medical Academy named after S.I. Georgievsky of V.I. Vernadsky Crimean Federal University, 5/7 Lenin Boulevard, 295006 Simferopol, Russian Federation, tel.: +79788193464; e-mail: email@example.com
Yusupalieva Muyassar Mansurovn, Grand PhD in Medical sciences, Professor, professor of Department of pulmonology and phthisiology, Medical Academy named after S.I. Georgievsky of V.I. Vernadsky Crimean Federal University, 5/7 Lenin Boulevard, 295006 Simferopol, Russian Federation, tel.: +79788193464; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
In the heading: Original researches
Year: 2022 Volume: 4 Journal number: 1
Article type: scientific and practical
The aim of the study is to study the features of the bronchial asthma phenotype with fixed obstruction and to evaluate the possibilities of sanatorium-resort rehabilitation for patients with this phenotype.
Materials and methods. Under supervision were 85 patients with bronchial asthma with fixed obstruction of the respiratory tract, who received a sanatorium-resort rehabilitation complex on the southern coast of Crimea. All patients were examined. The assessment of the effectiveness of spa rehabilitation was evaluated by the change in the level of disease control and the dynamics of the domains of the International Classification of Functioning function scale.
Results and discussion. Description of patients of bronchial asthma with fixed obstruction of airways entering the sanatorium-resort stage of rehabilitation is presented. Most patients were with pronounced clinical symptoms, low level of control, signs of inflammatory activity in the bronchi. During comprehensive spa rehabilitation, patients increased adherence to basic therapy, decreased clinical signs of inflammation activity, obstructive syndrome, which was expressed in an increase in the level of disease control, statistically significant dynamics of functional domains of International Classification of Functioning.
Conclusion. Thus, the possibilities of sanatorium-resort rehabilitation of patients with the clinical phenotype of bronchial asthma with fixed airway obstruction allow to influence the course of the disease, increasing the level of control and changing the functional potential of patients.
1. Federal’nye klinicheskie rekomendatsii po diagnostike i lecheniyu bronkhial’noi astmoi [Physical and rehabilitation medicine: national leadership]. 2016. Available at: www.pulmonology.ru. (accessed 12.10.2021). (In Russian).
2. Bel EN. Clinical phenotypes of asthma. Curr. Opin. Pulm. Med. 2004;10(1):44-50. DOI: 10.1097/00063198-200401000-00008.
3. Nenasheva NM. Bronhial’naja astma. Sovremennyj vzgljad na problemu. [Bronchial asthma. A Modern View of the Problem]. M.: GEOTAR — Media; 2018. 304 p. (In Russian).
4. Global Initiative for Asthma. Global Strategy for Asthma Management and Prevention. Update 2017. Available at:
http://www.ginasthma.org (accessed December, 2018).
5. Bjermer L. The role of small airway disease in asthma. Curr. Opin. Pulm. Med. 2014;20:23-30.
6. Maljavin AG, Epifanov VA, Glazkova II. Reabilitacija pri zabolevanijah organov dyhanija [Rehabilitation for respiratory diseases]. M.: GEOTAR — Media; 2010. 352 p. (in Russian).
7. Fizicheskaya i reabilitacionnaya medicina: nacional’noe rukovodstvo [Physical and rehabilitation medicine: National guidelines]. pod red. prof. GN Ponomarenko [edited by prof. GN Ponomarenko]. Moscow: GEOTARMedia; 2018. 688 p.
8. Dudchenko LSh, Mizin VI, Beljaeva SN i dr. Ocenka jeffektivnosti sanatorno-kurortnoj medicinskoj reabilitacii bol’nyh bronhial’noj astmoj s ispol’zovaniem MKF [Assessment of the effectiveness of sanatoriumresort medical rehabilitation of patients with bronchial asthma using the ICF]. Fizioterapija, bal’neologija i reabilitacija [Physiotherapy, balneology and
rehabilitation]. 2018;17(3):133-140. (In Russian).
9. Mezhdunarodnoj klassifikacii funkcionirovanija, ogranichenij zhiznedejatel’nosti i zdorov’ja [International Classification of Functioning, Disability and Health]. Geneva: World Health Organization; 2001, 342 p. (in Russian).