Elena M Ugleva, MD, Cand. Sci. (Med.), Associate Professor, St. Petersburg State Pediatric Medical University, 2 Litovskaya Street, 194100 St. Petersburg, Russian Federation; e-mail: email@example.com; https://orcid.org/0000-0002-1130-5913.
Vasily I Orel, MD, Dr. Sci. (Med.), Professor, St. Petersburg State Pediatric Medical University, 2 Litovskaya Street, 194100 St. Petersburg, Russian Federation; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; https://orcid.org/8882-8738.
In the heading: Rewiews
Year: 2023 Volume: 5 Journal number: 1
Article type: scientific and practical
Introduction. The spread of HIV infection continues not only in the Russian Federation, but throughout the world. With the onset of secondary lesions in HIV infection, patients develop persistent dysfunctions of various organs and body systems, leading to a limitation in the main categories.
Aim. The review is devoted to the possibility of using the International Classification of Functioning, Disability and Health as a tool for describing the life of an individual.
Materials and methods. The full version of the International Classification of Functioning, Disability and Health was used, from the set of domains of which, the authors selected those functions that can most fully reflect the generalized profile of a disabled person with HIV infection.
Results. In their article authors analyze the existing problems from the standpoint of the International Classification of Functioning, Disability and Health in patients and disabled persons with HIV and provide a description of the domains that describe the most frequent dysfunctions in patients of this category.
Discussion. To date, HIV infection does not have a basic comprehensive description in terms of the International Classification of Functioning, Disability and Health. The set of domains proposed by the authors that correspond to the most common disorders in patients and people with disabilities with HIV infection and characterize limitations in daily activities (self-service and domestic life) and in the main areas of life (education, work and employment), as a basic set of domains, can help both in practical medicine, including the rehabilitation process, and about conducting medical and social expertise.
Conclusion. The assessment of dysfunctions in patients according to the International Classification of Functioning, Disability and Health is gradually being introduced into medical practice and is most often used to assess the effectiveness of the rehabilitation process. The creation of a basic set of domains of the International Classification of Functioning, Disability and Health for patients with HIV infection will allow to more qualitatively determine and evaluate violations of body functions and disability in patients of this category, evaluate the effectiveness of rehabilitation measures, increase the objectivity of assessing these indicators during medical social expertise.
1. Mezhdunarodnaya klassifikaciya funkcionirovaniya, ogranichenij zhiznedeyatel’nosti i zdorov’ya (MKF). Polnaya versiya. [International Classification of Functioning, Disability and Health (ICF). Full version.] Available at: https://zdravmedinform.ru/icf/b430-b439. html. (accessed 14.02.2023). (In Russian).
2. Ob utverzhdenii Poryadka organizacii i deyatel’nosti federal’nyh uchrezhdenij mediko-social’noj ekspertizy [On approval of the Procedure for the organization and activities of federal institutions of medical and social expertise]. Prikaz Ministerstva truda i social’noj zashchity RF ot 30.12.2020 g. N 979n. [Order of the Ministry of Labor and Social Protection of the Russian Federation of December 30, 2020 N 979n]. Available at http://publication.pravo.gov.ru/Document/ View/0001202106030015. (accessed 14.02.2023). (In Russian).
3. Pokrovskij VV. VICH-infekciya i SPID. Moskva: GEOTARMedia, 2020. 696 s. (Seriya “Nacional’nye rukovodstva”) [HIV infection and AIDS. Moscow: GEOTAR-Media; 2020, 696 p. (Series “National Guidelines”)]. (In Russian).
4. Shoshmin AV, Ponomarenko GN, Besstrashnova YK, Cherkashina IV. Primenenie Mezhdunarodnoj klassifikacii funkcionirovaniya, ogranichenij zhiznedeyatel’nosti i zdorov’ya dlya ocenki effektivnosti reabilitacii: metodologiya, praktika, rezul’taty. [Application of the International Classification of Functioning, Disability and Health to Evaluate the Effectiveness of Rehabilitation: Methodology, Practice, Results.]. Voprosy kurortologii, fizioterapii i lechebnoj fizkul’tury [Questions of balneology, physiotherapy and exercise therapy]. 2016:6:12-20 (In Russian).
5. Evzel’man MA, Snimshchikova IA, Koroleva LY, Kamchatnov PR. Nevrologicheskie oslozhneniya VICH-infekcii [Neurological complications of HIV infection]. Zhurnal nevrologii i psihiatrii im. SS Korsakova [Journal of Neurology and Psychiatry. SS Korsakov]. 2015;115(3):89-93. (In Russian).
6. Avtsyn AP, Permyakov NK, Kazantseva IA, Parkhomenko OG. Patologicheskaya anatomiya SPIDa (infekcii VICH): Metodicheskie rekomendacii [Pathological anatomy of AIDS (HIV infection): Guidelines]. Moscow, 1989. 18 p. (In Russian).
7. Posmertnaya i prizhiznennaya patologoanatomicheskaya diagnostika bolezni, vyzvannoj VICH (VICH-infekcii). Rossijskoe obshchestvo patologoanatomov. Klinicheskie rekomendacii. RPS3.1.1. Moskva, 2019. [Post-mortem and intravital pathoanatomical diagnosis of the disease caused by HIV (HIV infection). Russian Society of Pathologists. Clinical guidelines. RPS3.1.1. Moscow, 2019.]. (In Russian).
8. Kliniko-funkcional’naya harakteristika osnovnyh nevrologicheskih sindromov i ih znachenie v ekspertnoj praktike. Uchebno-metodicheskoe posobie. [Clinical and functional characteristics of the main neurological syndromes and their significance in expert practice. Teaching aid]. St. Petersburg: SPbIUVEK. 2021. 67 p. (In Russian).
9. Kardioreabilitaciya i vtorichnaya profilaktika [Cardiorehabilitation and secondary prevention]. Pod redakciej D. M. Aronova — Moskva: GEOTAR-Media [ed. DM Aronova. Moscow: GEOTAR-Media]. 2021. 464 p. (In Russian).
10. Kliniko-ekspertnaya harakteristika stojkih narushenij funkcij pri hirurgicheskih boleznyah i vozmozhnosti reabilitacii: (posobie dlya vrachej) [Clinical and expert characteristics of persistent functional disorders in surgical diseases and the possibility of rehabilitation: (a manual for doctors)] Pod redakciej prof. R.T. Sklyarenko [Edited by prof. RT Sklyarenko]. SPb: Izd-vo RGPU im. A.I. Gercena, [St. Petersburg: Publishing House of the Russian State Pedagogical University im. A.I. Herzen], 2017. 718 p. (In Russian).
11. Melnikova EV, Shmonin AA, Maltseva NM, Ivanova GE. The modified Rankin scale is a universal tool for assessing the independence and disability of patients in medical rehabilitation. [The modified Rankin scale is a universal tool for assessing the independence and disability of patients in medical rehabilitation.]. Consilium medicum. 2017;19(2.1): 8-13. (In Russian).
12. Klinicheskie rekomendacii Hronicheskaya obstruktivnaya bolezn’ legkih [Clinical guidelines Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease]. Minzdrav RF [Ministry of Health of the Russian Federation]. 2023. Available at: https:// cr.minzdrav.gov.ru/recomend/603_2. (accessed 14.02.2023). (In Russian).
13. Indeks massy tela (IMT). Klassifikaciya VOZ [BMI, WHO classification]. Available at: https://www.who.int/ru/ news-room/fact-sheets/detail/obesity-and-overweight. (accessed 14.02.2023). (In Russian).
14. Klassifikaciya hronicheskoj bolezni pochek (HBP). Associaciya nefrologov Rossii. 2021. [Classification of chronic kidney disease (CKD). Russian Association of Nephrologists. 2021]. Available at: https://rusnephrology. org / wp — content / uploads /2021/ 07 / kr469_ckd. pdf. (accessed 14.02.2023). (In Russian).
15. VICH-infekciya u vzroslyh. Klinicheskie rekomendacii. Odobreno Nauchno-prakticheskim Sovetom Minzdrava RF [HIV infection in adults. Clinical guidelines. Approved by the Scientific and Practical Council of the Ministry of Health of the Russian Federation,], 2020. Available at: https://aids43.ru/doc/KR79%20HIV%20adults%202020. pdf. (accessed: 14.02.2023). (In Russian).