Lvova Natallia L., PhD Med. Sci., Head of the Laboratory for Medical Expertise and Rehabilitation in Therapeutic Pathology, National Science and Practice Centre for Medical Assessment and Rehabilitation, Gorodishche settlement, Minsk district, Minsk region, 223027, Republic of Belarus; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
In the heading: Original researches
Year: 2019 Volume: 1 Journal number: 4
Article type: scientific and practical
Introduction. During the last 5 years, there has been an annual increase in cases of diabetes by 4–8% per year, mainly due to type 2 diabetes patients, which corresponds to global trends. Type 2 diabetes is the most common type of diabetes. In the general structure of the prevalence of diabetes in Belarus type 2 diabetes takes 90–95% of all cases.
Aim. The aim is to improve the quality of medical and social examination of type 2 diabetes patients by developing modern, scientifically based assessment criteria from the standpoint of the International Classification of Functioning, Disability and Health.
Materials and methods. To solve the problems 147 type 2 diabetes patients were included in the study. Among the examined patients there were 73 (49,6%) men and 74 (50,4%) women. The mean age of the examined contingent was 55,0±5,7 years. The median duration of type 2 diabetes in the group of patients included in the study was 8 years. At the time of the examination 99 (67,3±3,9%) patients were disabled. Depending on the severity of disability, patients were divided into groups.
Results. The criteria for assessing violations of functions and structures of the body, the categories of “activity and participation”, environmental factors, ranked on a single scale of assessment of the International Classification of Functioning, Disability and Health. The criteria for establishing disability in type 2 diabetes patients from the standpoint of the International Classification of Functioning, Disability and Health, allowing for medical and social expertise from the standpoint of modern international approaches, taking into account the state of health and the direction of the influence of factors of social and physical environment.
Conclusion. The study found that the main medical and social criteria for determining disability in type 2 diabetes patients are restrictions in walking, doing housework, taking care of their health, performing paid work, caring for body parts; violations of the following functions and structures: body functions and structures of the organ of vision, the function of urine formation and structure of the urinary system, function of the contractile force of the myocardium, the function of blood vessels, structure of the cardiovascular system, structure of arteries and structures of the lower limb.
Keywords: diabetes, disability, Disability and Health, disorders of body functions, disorders of body structures, International Classification of Functioning, medical and social expertise, restrictions of activity and participation
1. Global’nyj doklad po diabetu: rezyume. Vsemirnaya organizaciya zdravoohraneniya [Global report on diabetes: summary. World Healths Organization] [Electronic resource]. Available at: http://apps.who.int/ iris/bitstream/10665/204874/4/WHO_NMH_NVI_16.3. (accessed: 01.06.2018).
2. Diabetes atlas [Electronic resource] / IDF. – 7th ed. – Available at: https://www.idf.org/e-library/ epidemiology-research/diabetes-atlas/13-diabetes- atlas-seventh-edition.html. (accessed: 01.06.2018).
3. Rasprostranennost’ hronicheskih oslozhnenij saharnogo diabeta v Respublike Belarus’ (po dannym respublikanskogo registra “Saharnyjdiabet\”) [The prevalence of chronic complications of diabetes mellitus in the Republic of Belarus (according to the national register of “diabetes mellitus”)]. O.B. Salko [et al.] (2016). Medical business, no 5. pp. 31-34.
4. Press-relizkoVsemirnomudnyudiabeta [Press release for world diabetes day [Electronic resource]. Ministry of health of the Republic of Belarus. Available at: http://www.belriem.by/component/content/article/10- novosti-ru/588-14-noyabrya-vsemirnyj-den-diabeta (accessed: 01.06.2018).
5. Saharnyj diabet tipa 2: otteorii k praktike [Type 2 diabetes mellitus: from theory to practice] ed. I.I. Dedov, M.V. Shestakova (2016). Moscov: MIA, 576 p.
6. Vasilenko, O.Yu, Smirnova Yu.A. (2009) Osnovnye principy ocenki ogranichenij zhiznedeyatel’nosti pri endokrinnyh zabolevaniyah [Basic principles of evaluation of life limitations in endocrine diseases]. Medico-social. examination and rehabilitation, no 2. pp. 6–13.
7. Golivec, T.P., Kuz›mina O.A., Dmitrieva T.V. (2011) Hronicheskie sosudistye oslozhneniya saharnogo diabeta (patogenez, diagnostika, lechenie, mediko- social›naya ekspertiza I reabilitaciya): ucheb. Posobie [Chronic vascular complications of diabetes mellitus (pathogenesis, diagnosis, treatment, medical and social examination and rehabilitation): studies Textbook]. Belgorod. state national research University. 2nd edition, corrected and supplemented. Belgorod: IPC BSU, 60 p.
8. Puzin, S.N. Balabolkin M.I., Celina M.E. (2003) Invalidnost›, mediko-social›naya ekspertiza i reabilitaciya pri endokrinnoj patologii: monografiy [Disability, medical and social examination and rehabilitation in endocrine pathology: monograph]. Moscow: Medicine, 270 p.
9. Smychek, V.B. (2012) Sovremennye aspekty invalidnosti [Modern aspects of disability]. Minsk: Belarusian State Agrarian and Technical University, 265 p.
10. Auhadeev, E.I. (2007) Mezhdunarodnaya klassifikaciya funkcionirovaniya, ogranichenij zhiznedeyatel›nostii zdorov›ya, rekomendovannaya VOZ, – novyj etap v razvitii reabilitologii [International classification of functioning, disability and health as recommended by who – a new stage in the development of rehabilitation]. Kazan medical journal, vol. 88, no 1. pp. 5–9.
11. Organizaciya mediko-social›noj reabilitacii za rubezhom [Organization of medical and social rehabilitation abroad]. F. A. Yunusov [i dr.] (2008). Moscow: Social. Development of Russia, 330 p.
12. Klinicheskie protokoly diagnostiki i lecheniya vzroslogo naseleniya s zabolevaniyami endokrinnoj sistemy pri okazanii medicinskoj pomoshchi v ambulatornyh usloviyah [Clinical protocols of diagnosis and treatment of adult population with endocrine diseases in the provision of medical care on an outpatient basis] [Electronic resource]. Ministry of health of the Republic of Belarus. Available at: http://minzdrav.gov.by/upload/ dadvfiles/000816_558507_764pril.pdf. (accessed: 11.10.2018).
13. Smychek V.B. (2000) Osnovy reabilitacii: kurs lekcij [Principles of rehabilitation: course of lectures]. Minsk: Belarusian State Institute of Improvement of Doctors [b. I.], 131 p.
14. ICF Core Sets for diabetes mellitus. Ruof J [et al.] (2004). J. of Rehabil. Med., no 44, suppl. p. 100-106.
15. Comprehensive ICF Core Set for Diabetes Mellitus [Electronic resource]. Available at: https://www.icf- research-branch.org/download/category/12-cardiovasc ularandrespiratoryconditions. (accessed: 02.11.2018).
16. Identification of relevant ICF categories in patients with chronic health conditions a Delphi expertise. Weigl Martin, Cieza Alarcos [et. all.] (2004). Rehabil. Med., no 44, suppl. p. 12-21.