Burov Gennady Nikolayevich, PhD in Technical sciences, head of scientific direction, Albrecht Federal Scientific Centre of Rehabilitation of the Disabled, 50 Bestuzhevskaya Street, 195067 St. Petersburg, Russian Federation, e-mail: zxzy@ yandex.ru
Bolshakov Vladimir Alexandrovich, head of design department, Albrecht Federal Scientific Centre of Rehabilitation of the Disabled, 50 Bestuzhevskaya Street, 195067 St. Petersburg, Russian Federation, e-mail: email@example.com
Drobakha Alena Sergeevna, junior research associate, Albrecht Federal Scientific Centre of Rehabilitation of the Disabled, 50 Bestuzhevskaya Street, 195067 St. Petersburg, Russian Federation, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
In the heading: Original researches
Year: 2021 Volume: 3 Journal number: 4
Article type: scientific and practical
Introduction. An active hand prosthesis with any method of control should facilitate the performance of basic household and simple labor activities with relatively small adaptive movements of the disabled person. In addition, it is necessary to combine in time the movements of the orientation of the hand in the space of the working zone and the movements of the gripper, which in mechanisms is possible only after the appropriate switching. The double functional loading of the rotary-type drive mechanism provides the disabled person with certain advantages over devices that are currently used. New designs of rotary assemblies allow to avoid overloading of the control rod onto the driving links of replaceable nozzles when changing the assembly, provide continuous control with positional and force feedback. The problem is solved by direct transfer of control movements from the truncated segment to the actuator.
Aim. Creation of an innovative arrangement of the basic device of the forearm prosthesis drive, which will provide continuous control of the prosthesis with positional and force feedback.
Materials and methods. One of the main tasks that were posed when creating new designs of rotary nodes was to ensure a new quality of a hand prosthesis when working with replaceable functional attachments, namely: when changing a node, the control rod should not be switched to the leading links of the replaceable attachments. The basis for creating a system of new mechanisms was based on the method of the basic unit. The basic unit, after attaching replaceable parts to it, turns into devices for various purposes.
Results. Based on the materials of this study, a rotary-drive unit of a forearm prosthesis, a device for switching the functions of movement of an artificial hand in a prosthesis of a forearm, and a rotary drive with a switching device and replaceable devices (an artificial hand and a functional gripper) were developed.
Discussion. This device makes it possible to alternately perform both the rotation of the artificial hand and the gripping function, while the movement in both cases is carried out by direct transmission of control movements from the truncated segment. The double functional loading of the rotary-type drive mechanism provides the disabled person with certain advantages over devices that are currently used.
Conclusion. After attaching the replacement part to the base, a new device appears. For the design of each such device, only the development of replaceable assemblies is required.
1. Nader Max. Otto Bock. Prosthetic compendium. Upper Extremity Prostheses. – Berlin: Schiele und Schon. 1990:95 р.
2. Protezy verhnih konechnostej. [Upper limb prostheses]. Katalog. — M.: RKK «Energija» [Catalog 2001-2002. -Moscow RSC Energia]. 2002.21 p. (In Russian).
3. Burov GN, Bol’shakov VA. Protez predplech’ja [Forearm prosthesis]. Patent Rossijskoj Federatsii [Patent of the Russian Federation] No 2615278 dated 04.04.2017. (In Russian).
4. Burov GN, Bol’shakov VA, Beljanin OL. Mnogofunktsional’nyj aktivnyj protez predplech’ja [Multifunctional active prosthesis of the forearm]. Patent Rossijskoj Federatsii [Patent of the Russian Federation] No 2744605 dated 11.03. 2021. (In Russian).
5. Reabilitaciya invalidov: nacional’noe rukovodstvo [Rehabilitation of disabled people: national leadership]. pod red. G. N. Ponomarenko. [ed. GN Ponomarenko]. Moskva: GEOTAR-Media [Moscow: GEOTAR-Media]. 2020:188 p. (In Russian).