Nuvoli Anna Vyacheslavovna, PhD in Medical sciences, Associate Professor, senior researcher, Scientific Research Institute of Children’s Balneology, Physiotherapy and Medical Rehabilitation, 6 Mayakovskogo Street, 297412, Yevpatoria, Russian Federation, е-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Golubova Tatyana Fedorovna, Grand PhD in Medical sciences, Professor, Director of the Scientific Research Institute of Children’s Balneology, Physiotherapy and Medical Rehabilitation, 6 Mayakovskogo Street, 297412, Yevpatoria, Russian Federation, е-mail: email@example.com
Otinov Maxim Dmitrievich, junior researcher, Scientific Research Institute of Children’s Balneology, Physiotherapy and Medical Rehabilitation, 6 Mayakovskogo Street, 297412, Yevpatoria, Russian Federation, е-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Vlasenko Sergei Valerievich, Grand PhD in Medical sciences, leading researcher, Scientific Research Institute of Children’s Balneology, Physiotherapy and Medical Rehabilitation, 6 Mayakovskogo Street, 297412, Yevpatoria, Russian Federation; Medical Academy named after S.I. Georgievsky of Vernadsky CFU, 5/7 Lenina Ave., 295051 Simferopol, Russia Federation, е-mail: email@example.com
In the heading: Original researches
Year: 2021 Volume: 3 Journal number: 2
Article type: scientific and practical
Introduction. The development of optimal treatment methods, taking into account the pathogenetic mechanisms of the disease, will significantly increase the effectiveness of the rehabilitation process.
Aim. Evaluation of the content of insulin – like growth factor-1 and growth hormone, as well as the effect of tablet hydrotherapy on trophic stresses in muscle tissue in children with cerebral palsy.
Materials and methods. 68 children with cerebral palsy aged from 7 to 12 years were examined. Group I — 33 children who received the health research therapy (HRT); group II-35 children who received a course of tablet hydrotherapy (TH). The control group (KG) consisted of 32 healthy children. The examination included examination by specialists, assessment of motor functions according to GMFCS, muscle tone according to Ashworth, determination of insulin-like growth factor 1 (IGF-1) and growth hormone (GH) in blood serum before and after the treatment complexes.
Results. A decrease in IGF-1 and GH was found in children with physical development indicators below normal, with pronounced muscle spasticity and increased muscle tone. It was noted that GH in children with unexpressed spasticity and mild motor disorders was within the normal range, and IGF-1 was reduced in all severity of the disease.
In group I patients under the influence of traditional HRT, there was a significant increase in GH (p<0.01) and IGF-1 (p<0.05), and in group II with the inclusion of TH, there was a significant increase in GH (p<0.01) and IGF-1 (p<0.001).
Conclusion. It is noted that traditional health research therapy has a favourable effect on the central mechanisms of regulation, and also has a moderate effect on peripheral and local factors. The inclusion of a course of tablet hydrotherapy in the health research therapy significantly enhances the influence of the rehabilitation complex on the peripheral neuromuscular links of pathogenesis.
1. Levchenkova VD, Batysheva TT, Titarenko NYu. Klinicheskie osobennosti formirovaniya detskogo cerebral’nogo paralicha [Clinical features of the formation of infantile cerebral palsy]. Detskaya i podrostkovaya reabilitaciya [Child and adolescent rehabilitation]. 2015;2(25):16-24. (in Russian).
2. Batysheva TT, Bykova AV, Vinog AV. Detskij cerebral’nyj paralich: sovremennye predstavleniya o problem [Infantile cerebral palsy: modern ideas about the problem] Novosti mediciny i farmacii [News of medicine and pharmacy]. 2012;420:31-5. (in Russian).
3. Batysheva T.T, Klimov Yu.A, Kvasova O.V, Trepilets SV, Sarzhina MN. Sovremennye vozmozhnosti rannej kompleksnoj reabilitacii detej s nevrologicheskoj patologiej [Modern possibilities of early complex rehabilitation of children with neurological pathology.] Detskaya i podrostkovaya reabilitaciya [Child and adolescent rehabilitation]. 2017;1(29):5-10. (in Russian).
4. Gomazkov OA. Nejrotroficheskaya terapiya i koncepciya «minipeptidov» [Neurotrophic therapy and the concept of «minipeptides»] Consilium medicum [Consilium medicum]. 2013;2(15)105-9. (in Russian).
5. Ваmman ММ, Shipp JR, JiangJ. Mechanical load increases muscle IGF-1 and androgen receptor mRNA concentrations in humans. Am J Physiol. 2001;280:383-90.
6. Endokrinnaya sistema, sport i dvigatel’naya aktivnost’ [Endocrine system, sports and motor activity] Perevod s angl. / pod red. Kremer UDzh, Rogola AD [Translated from the English. ed. Kremer WJ, Rogola AD] Izd. Olimp. Literatura [Olympus. literature]; 2008. 64 р. (in Russian).
7. Hegazi MA, Soliman OE, Hasaneen BM, El-Arman M, Abd El-Galel N, El-Deek BS. Growh hormone/insulin-like growth factor-1 axis: a possible non-nutritional factor for growth retardation in children with cerebral palsy. J Pediatris. 2012;88(3):267-74. 8. Ali O, Shimc M, Fowler E, Oppenheim W, Cohen P. Spinal bone mineral density, IGF-1 and IGFBP-3 in children with cerebral palsy. Hormon research. 2007;68: 316-20.
9. Lebedeva OS, Lagarkova MA, Illarioshkin SN, Haspekov LG, Grivennikov IA. Inducirovannye plyuripotentnye stvolovye kletki: novye vozmozhnosti v nejrobiologii i nejrotransplantologii [Induced pluripotent stem cells: new opportunities in neurobiology and neurotransplantology] Tekhnologii [Technologies]. 2011;4(5):37-45. (in Russian).
10. Fizicheskoe razvitie detej i podrostkov Rossijskoj Federacii: sb. mater. [Physical development of children and adolescents of the Russian Federation: sat. mater.] / pod red. akad. RAN i RAMN A.A. Baranova, chl.-korr. RAMN V.R. Kuchmy [ed. acad. RAS and RAMS AA Baranova, corresponding member of the RAMS VR Kuchma.] Mоskva: Izdatel’stvo «Pediatr»» [Moscow: Publishing House «Pediatrician»]; 2013. Release IV. 192 p. (in Russian).