Starobina Elena Mikhailovna, Grand PhD in Pedagogical sciences, Associate Professor, chief researcher of the Department of professional and psychological rehabilitation of disabled people of the Albrecht Federal Scientific Centre of Rehabilitation of the Disabled, 50 Bestuzhevskaya Street, 195067 St. Petersburg, Russian Federation, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Gordievskaya Elena Olegovna, PhD in Pedagogical sciences (PhD Рed. Sci.), Associate Professor, senior researcher of the Department of professional and psychological rehabilitation of disabled persons of the Albrecht Federal Scientific Centre of Rehabilitation of the Disabled, 50 Bestuzhevskaya Street, 195067 St. Petersburg, Russian Federation, e-mail: email@example.com
In the heading: Original researches
Year: 2022 Volume: 4 Journal number: 2
Article type: scientific and practical
UDC: 616.89-085: 616.896:316.35
Introduction. Currently, the problem of employment of disabled people with mental and behavioral disorders is very acute. Particular attention is paid to this category of persons with disabilities in the Concept for the Development in the Russian Federation of a System of Comprehensive Rehabilitation and Habilitation of Persons with Disabilities, Including Children with Disabilities, for the Period up to 2025, approved by the Government of the Russian Federation in December 2021.
Aim. The aim of the study is to analyze the characteristics of the employment of disabled people with mental and behavioral disorders living in stationary institutions of the social service system.
Materials and methods. Statistical sources are analyzed, which provide data on the number of this category of disabled people, on the number of stationary institutions and the state of vocational rehabilitation in them.
Results. The main approaches to the comprehensive rehabilitation and habilitation of this category of persons with disabilities, new concepts introduced by the Concept, such as support for the work activity of the disabled, social and labour (daytime) employment of the disabled are listed. Recommended types of work and available professions for work in the open labour market with accompaniment are given, as well as simple types of work for disabled people with a third degree of limitation of the ability to work, who need significant assistance from other people.
Conclusion. In conclusion, it is said that there is a need for a variable and differentiated approach to solving the issue of employment of this category of disabled people, as well as that the issues of organizing accompanied labour activity and social employment of disabled people are not normatively provided. The tasks that need to be solved for the further development of this direction are listed.
Keywords: disabled people with mental and behavioral disorders, employment, mental disability, professional rehabilitation, stationary institutions of the social service system, support
Download the full text of the article
1. Ob utverzhdenii Koncepcii razvitiya v Rossijskoj Federacii sistemy kompleksnoj reabilitacii i abilitacii lic s invalidnost’yu, v tom chisle detej s invalidnost’yu, na period do 2025 goda: Rasporyazhenie Pravitel’stva Rossijskoj Federacii № 3711-r ot 18 dekabrya 2021 g. [On employment in the Russian Federation: Law of the Russian Federation N 1032-1 of April 19, 1991 (last edition)]. Available at: http://www.consultant.ru/ document/cons_doc_LAW_60. (accessed 03.01.2022). (In Russian).
2. Dement’eva NF, Zhigareva NP. Metodologicheskij aspekt trudovogo vozdejstviya v sisteme reabilitacii invalidov. Mediko-social’naya ekspertiza i reabilitaciya. [Methodological aspect of labor impact in the system of rehabilitation of the disabled. Medico-social expertise and rehabilitation]. 2010;13(2):21-4.
3. O zanyatosti naseleniya v Rossijskoj Federacii: Zakon Rossijskoj Federacii N 1032-1 ot 19 aprelya 1991 (poslednyaya redakciya). [On employment in the Russian Federation: Law of the Russian Federation N 1032-1 of April 19, 1991 (last edition)]. Available at: http://www. consultant.ru/document/cons_doc_LAW_60. (accessed 18.01.2022). (In Russian).
4. Standifer S. Adult Autism & Employment. A Guide for Vocational Rehabilitation Professionals. Produced by Disability Policy and Studies, School of Health Professions, University of Missouri, University of Missouri, 2009. Available at: https://www.milestones. org/files/legacy/2012/02/Adult-Autism-Employment-1. pdf. (accessed 01.02.2022).
5. Toward the Successful Employment of Adults with Autism: A First Analysis of Special Interests and Factors Deemed Important for Vocational Performance Jennifer Christina Kirchner, Isabel Dziobek. Available at: https:// www.researchgate.net/publication/272815617 (accessed 21.01.2022).
6. Ob utverzhdenii metodicheskih rekomendacij po perechnyu rekomenduemyh vidov trudovoj i professional’noj deyatel’nosti invalidov s uchetom narushennyhfunkcijiogranichenijihzhiznedeyatel’nosti. Prikaz Ministerstva truda i social’noj zashchity Rossijskoj Federacii N 515 ot 04 avgusta 2014 g. [On the approval of guidelines on the list of recommended types of labor and professional activities of disabled people, taking into account impaired functions and limitations of their life. Order of the Ministry of Labor and Social Protection of the Russian Federation N 515 of August 04, 2014]. Available at: http://www.rksi.ru/doc/inclusive/ pr515.pdf. (accessed 18.01.2022). (In Russian).
7. Professional’naya orientaciya, professional’naya podgotovka i trudoustrojstvo pri umstvennoj otstalosti: metod. posobie. Pod red. Starobinoj EM [Professional orientation, vocational training and employment with mental retardation: method. textbook, ed. Starobina EM]. Moskva: FORUM: INFRA [Moscow: FORUM: INFRA], 2013. 304 p. (In Russian).
8. Vozmozhnosti trudoustrojstva dlya lyudej s autizmom. [Employment opportunities for people with autism]. Available at: https://visualrian.ru/hier_rubric/
infographics/1386564.html. (accessed 24.01.2022). (In Russian).