Shoshmin Alexander Vladimirovich, PhD in Biology, Head of the Department of International Classifications and Systems of Rehabilitation and Habilitation (WHO Collaborating Centre), Albrecht Federal Scientific Centre of Rehabilitation of the Disabled, 50 Bestuzhevskaya Street, 195067 St. Petersburg, Russian Federation, e-mail: email@example.com
Lorer Viktoria Valerevna, PhD in Psychology, Head of the Department of Early Assistance, Albrecht Federal Scientific Centre of Rehabilitation of the Disabled, 50 Bestuzhevskaya Street, 195067 St. Petersburg, Russian Federation. Docent of the Department of General and Clinical Psychology, Pavlov First Saint Petersburg State Medical University, 6-8 L’va Tolstogo Street, 197022 St. Petersburg, Russian Federation, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Malkova Sofia Viacheslavovna, Senior Scientist of the Department of Early Assistance, Albrecht Federal Scientific Centre of Rehabilitation of the Disabled, 50 Bestuzhevskaya Street, 195067 St. Petersburg, Russian Federation, e-mail: email@example.com
In the heading: Original researches
Year: 2020 Volume: 2 Journal number: 4
Article type: scientific and practical
Introduction. The International Classification of Functioning, Disability and Health (ICF) is the methodological basis for rehabilitation and habilitation. ICF Core Sets are widely used for certain nosological units, such as stroke, multiple sclerosis, depression, spinal trauma, brain tumor, traumatic brain injury, back pain, spinal cord injury, hearing loss and other. ICF Core Sets in child psychopathology include attention deficit-hyperactivity disorder, cerebral palsy and autism spectrum disorder (ASD). They are the basis for a comprehensive assessment of a child, family and other development contexts, as well as developing an individual rehabilitation route and evaluating its effectiveness.
The aim of this work is to analyze the barriers that arose during the implementation of the Comprehensive ICF Core Set for ASD in the practice of rehabilitation and habilitation of people with disabilities.
Materials and methods. The work was attended by specialists of the Albrecht Federal Scientific Centre of Rehabilitation of the Disabled. The methodological basis of the interdisciplinary work of specialists was the Comprehensive ICF Core Set for ASD, translated into Russian. Its approbation was carried out, and the barriers that arose during its application were analyzed.
Results and discussion. The advantages and problems were identified and described when applying the Comprehensive ICF Core Set for ASD at the Albrecht Federal Scientific Centre of Rehabilitation of the Disabled.
Conclusion. The use of the Comprehensive ICF Core Set for ASD in rehabilitation institutions greatly simplifies diagnostics in rehabilitation, setting rehabilitation goals, justification the need for rehabilitation measures, selecting of rehabilitation measures and evaluating the effectiveness of rehabilitation. In the process of implementing the ICF Core Set for ASD at the Albrecht Federal Scientific Centre of Rehabilitation of the Disabled, a number of barriers were identified: the absence of any regulatory frameworks in the area of application of ICF in the rehabilitation institutions of the Russian Federation; non-compliance of the personnel structure of organizations with modern requirements in the field of rehabilitation, which leads to the loading of specialists and does not allow performing work in an appropriate volume; difficulties in applying technology of interdisciplinary interaction in institutions; lack of necessary knowledge in the field of rehabilitation, including knowledge of the bio-psycho-social model of disability and health; difficulties in the selection of methods for evaluating the functioning of the ICF Core Set for ASD, especially in the selection of quantitative assessment indicators for the qualitative characteristics of ASD.
1. Vladimirova O.N., SHoshmin A.V., Lorer V.V., Mal’kova S.V., Achkasov E.E., Puzin S.N. Upravlenie sistemoj kompleksnoj reabilitacii i abilitacii invalidov v sub»ekte Rossijskoj Federacii programmnym metodom // Vestnik Vserossijskogo obshchestva specialistov po mediko-social’noj ekspertize, reabilitacii i reabilitacionnoj industrii. – 2019. – № 4. – S. 30–42. [Management of the system of complex rehabilitation and habilitation of disabled people in the subject of the Russian Federation by the program method]. Vestnik Vserossiyskogo obshchestva spetsialistov po mediko-sotsial’noy ekspertize, reabilitatsii i reabilitatsionnoy industrii, no 4, pp. 30 – 42. (In Russian).
2. Mezhdunarodnaya klassifikaciya funkcionirovaniya, ogranichenij zhiznedeyatel’nosti i zdorov’ya (MKF) (s izmeneniyami i dopolneniyami po sostoyaniyu na 2016 g.). Proekt. – SPb: CHelovek, 2017. – 262 s. [International Classification of Functioning, Disability and Health (ICF)], Project – St. Petersburg: Chelovek. (In Russian).
3. Avellanet M., Selb M., Stucki G., Cieza A. (2015) Utility of using the ICF Core Sets in clinical practice // Rehabilitacion, vol. 49, no 4, pp. 197 – 201.doi: 10.1016/j. rh.2015.07.001
4. Bolte S., de Schipper E., Robison J. E., Wong V. C. Selb M., Singhal N., et al. (2014) Classification of functioning and impairment: The development of ICF Core Sets for autism spectrumdisorder. Autism Research, vol. 7, no 1, pp. 167 – 172. doi:10.1002/aur.1335
5. Shoshmin A.V., Ponomarenko G.N. MKF v reabilitacii. SPb: OOO «CIACAN», OOO «R-KOPI», 2018. – 238 s. [ICF in rehabilitation]. SPb: OOO «TsIATsAN», OOO «R-KOPI». (in Russian)
6. Edinyy kvalifikatsionnyy spravochnik dolzhnostey rukovoditeley, spetsialistov i sluzhashchikh. Available at: http://www.consultant.ru/document/cons_doc_ LAW_97378/ (accessed 20.04.2020).
7. Register of professional standards. Available at: https:// profstandart-rosmintrud.ru/reestr-profstandartov/ (accessed 20.04.2020). (In Russian).
8. Poryadok organizatsii meditsinskoy reabilitatsii detey : order of the Ministry of Health of Russia from October 23. 2019. Available at: http://docs.cntd. ru/document/563862149 (accessed: 04/20/2020). (In Russian).
9. Mamokhina U.A. Autism spectrum disorders. Diagnostic methods. Federal Resource Center for Organization of Comprehensive Support to Children with Autism Spectrum Disorders. Available at: https://autism-frc. ru/ckeditor_assets/attachments/1576/mamohina.pdf (accessed 20.04.2020). (In Russian).
10. ICD 10 – International Classification of Diseases of the 10th revision, version: 2019 Available at: https://mkb- 10.com/index.php?pid=4429 (accessed 20.04.2020). (In Russian).
11. Barabokhina V.A., Ivashkina Yu.Yu., Kasitsina N.V. (2018) Tekhnologiya mezhdistsiplinarnogo vzaimodeystviya v sotsial’nom obsluzhivanii i sotsial’nom soprovozhdenii detey i semey s det’mi, nakhodyashchikhsya v trudnoy zhiznennoy situatsii ili sotsial’no opasnom polozhenii. Methodical recommendations. Electronic journal «Praktika sotsial’noy raboty. Otkrytyy metodicheskiy resurs»: online edition, no 3. (In Russian).