Kozhushko Lyudmila Alexandrovna, Candidate of Medical Sciences, Head of the Department of Social Rehabilitation and Habilitation of Disabled Persons of Federal Scientific Center of Rehabilitation of the Disabled named after G.A. Albrecht, Bestuzhevskaya street 50, 195067 Saint-Petersburg, Russian Federation, е-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; phone +7 (911) 211-26-47
Gordievskaya Elena Olegovna, Candidate of Pedagogical Sciences, Associate Professor, Senior Researcher of the Department of Professional and Psychological Rehabilitation of Disabled Persons of Federal Scientific Center of Rehabilitation of the Disabled named after G.A. Albrecht, Bestuzhevskaya street 50, 195067 Saint-Petersburg, Russian Federation.
Demina Ella Nikolaevna, Candidate of Biological Sciences, Leading Researcher of the Department of Social Rehabilitation and Habilitation of Disabled Persons of Federal Scientific Center of Rehabilitation of the Disabled named after G.A. Albrecht, Bestuzhevskaya street 50, 195067 Saint-Petersburg, Russian Federation.
In the heading: Original researches
Year: 2019 Volume: 1 Journal number: 2
Article type: scientific and practical
Relevance. Persons with disabilities have the same right as other citizens to an independent lifestyle and a choice of place of residence and domicile. The right enshrined in the Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities, the Constitution of the Russian Federation and the Federal Law of June 25, 1993 No. 5242-1 “On the right of citizens of the Russian Federation to freedom of movement and choice of temporary or permanent place of residence within the Russian Federation”. Committee on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities in the initial report of Russian Federation notes that (p. 19): “a significant number of persons with disabilities live in specialized institutions and are limited in their rights …” The Committee recommends: “take a number of measures aimed at expanding the rights of persons with disabilities to live independently and participate in society”. In this regard, the introduction of various technologies of assisted living will help to consolidate this right and improve quality of life for persons with disabilities.
Aim. Analysis of foreign and domestic experience of assisted living for persons with disabilities to consider the possibility of its optimal implementation in the Russian Federation.
Materials and methods. Analysis of foreign and domestic scientific literature on the organization of technolo- gies of assisted living for persons with disabilities, analysis of federal regulatory legal documents in the field of social protection of the population.
Results. In Western countries the problem of residence of people with disabilities was solved in the last century through the organization of non-hospital forms. The analysis of foreign experience showed the advantage of assisted living in comparison with closed medical institutions and made it possible to determine main trends of development of assisted living in Western Europe. In Russia, the first projects on the assisted living of persons with disabilities were implemented in the early 2000s. The first experience, on the one hand, proved the effectiveness of the assisted living, and on the other hand, revealed the main problems in the organization of this technology, which were primar- ily related to insufficient legislative framework. Reforming federal legislation in accordance with the principles of the Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities, which Russia ratified in 2012, created the legal framework for the organization of assisted living in our country.
Conclusion. The developed federal regulatory legal base allows introducing technologies of assisted living. Solv- ing the problems identified in the research process and impeding the implementation of technologies of assisted living will contribute to their widespread, scientifically based implementation.
1. Federal’nyy zakon RF ot 25.06.1993 g. № 5242-1(red. ot 03.04.2017 g.) «O prave grazhdan Rossiyskoy Federatsii na svobodu peredvizheniya, vybor mesta prebyvaniya i zhitel’stva v predelakh Rossiyskoy Federatsii». [The federal law of the Russian Federation of 25.06.1993 No. 5242-1 (an edition of 03.04.2017) «About the right of citizens of the Russian Federation to freedom of movement, the choice of the place of stay and residence within the Russian Federation»] Available at: http:// www.consultant.ru/document/cons_ doc_LAW_2255/ (accessed 30.01.2019). (In Russ.)
2. Obzor: prava invalidov. A kak za granitsey?. [Review: rights of disabled people. And how abroad?]. Available at: http://mioby/ru/novosti/obzor-prava-invalidov-a- kak-za-granicej/ (accessed 30.01.2019) (In Russ)
3. Van’e, Zh. Voyti v taynu. Iisus v Evangelii ot Ioanna / MOO «Vera i Svet» [Vanye, Zh. Voyti in a secret. Jesus in Gospel of John / MOO «Belief and Light»]. Moskow, 2013, 21 p. (In Russ.)
4. Boardman, A. (2000) Community in-patient units and halfway hospitals / A. Boardman, R. Hodgson. Advances in Psychiatric Treatment, p. 120–127.
5. Shepherd, G. (1998) System failure? The problems of reductions in long stay beds in the UK. Epidemiology and Social Psychiatry, p. 127–134.
6. Tanzman, B. (1993) An overview of surveys of mental health consumers’ preferences for housing and support services. Hospital and Community Psychiatry, p. 450–455.
7. Rose, D., Muijen M. (1997) Nursing doubts. Health Services Journal, p. 34–35.
8. Durbin J., Cochrane J., Goering P., et al. (2001) Needs- based planning: evaluation of a level of care planning model. Journal of Behavioural Health Services and Research, p. 67–80.
9. Fitz, D. Evenson R. (1999) Recommending client residence: a comparison of the St Louis Inventory of Community Living Skills and global assessment.
Psychiatric Rehabilitation Journal, p. 107–112.
10. Bartlett C., Holloway J., Evans M. et al. (2001) Alternatives to psychiatric in-patient care: a case-by-case survey of clinician judgements. Journal of Mental Health, p. 535–546.
11. Shepherd G., Beardsmore A., Moore C. et al. (1997) Relation between bed use, social deprivation and overall bed availability, in acute psychiatric units and alternative residential options: a cross sectional survey, one-day census date and staff interviews. BMJ, p. 262–266.
12. Shepherd, G. (1998) Social functioning and challenging behaviour. In Social Functioning and Schizophrenia (eds K. T. Mueser & N. Tarrier), New York, p. 407–423.
13. Macpherson, R Jerrom W. (1999) Review of twenty-four- hour nursed care. Advances in Psychiatric Treatment, p. 146–153.
14. Keck, J. (1990) Responding to consumer housing preferences: the Toledo experience. Psychosocial Rehabilitation Journal, p. 51–58.
15. Segal, S.P., Kofler P.L. (1993) Sheltered care residences: ten-year personal outcomes. American Journal of Orthopsychiatry, p. 80–91.
16. Middleboe T., Mackeprang T., Thalsgaard A. et al. (1998) A housing support programme for the mentally ill: need profile and satisfaction among users. Acta Psychiatrica Scandinavica, p. 321–327.
17. Chisholm, D., Hallam A. (2001) Changes to the hospital- community balance of mental health care: economic evidence from two UK studies. In The Treatment of Schizophrenia – Status and Emerging Trends, p. 210–224.
18. Federal’nyy zakon ot 24.11.1995 g. № 181-FZ (s izm. i dop., vstup. v silu s 06.03.2018 g.) «O sotsial’noy zashchite invalidov v Rossiyskoy Federatsii» [Federal law of 24.11.1995, № 181-FL (with amendments and additions, entry. in force with 06.03.2018) “On social protection of disabled persons in the Russian Federation”]. Available at: Consultant. ru›document/cons_doc_LAW_8559/ (accessed 30.01.2019). (In Russ.)
19. Socialnoe soprovozhdenie [Social support] Available at: http://ocri.ru/upload/userfile/inf. analit.zapiska. pdf (accessed 30.01.2019).
20. Zakon Sankt-Peterburga ot 04.04.2006 № 100-15 (red. ot 02.12.2015) «O spetsializirovannom zhilishchnom fonde Sankt-Peterburga» [The law of Staint-Petersburg of 04.04.2006 No. 100-15 (an edition of 02.12.2015) “About specialized housing stock of St. Petersburg”] Available at: Consultant.ru›cons/cgi/online.cgi?req=doc;basen (accessed 30.01.2019). (In Russ)
21. Organizaciya soprovozhdaemogo prozhivaniya licz s tyazhely`mi i mnozhestvenny`mi narusheniyami razvitiya, Pskov [The organization of the accompanied accommodation of persons with heavy and multiple violations of development, Pskov] Available at: http:// www.as2006.ru/index.php.option =com_ content &view =article&id=176:pskowkvart&catid=76:prjdepartments <emid=143 (accessed 30.01.2019) (In Russ)
22. A.A. Abbasova i dr. (2011) Sotsial’naya kvartira internatnogo uchrezhdeniya: podgotovka vospitannikov k samostoyatel’noy zhizni: Metodicheskoe posobie [Social apartment of residential care facility: training of pupils for independent life: A methodical grant] Moskow: Charity foundation of the social help to children “Spread wings!”, 120 p. (In Russ)
23. Postanovlenie Mintruda Rossii ot 27.07.1999. № 32 “Ob utverzhdenii metodicheskikh rekomendatsiy po organizatsii deyatel’nosti gosudarstvennogo (munitsipal’nogo) uchrezhdeniya “kompleksnyy tsentr sotsial’nogo obsluzhivaniya naseleniya” (utratil silu) [The resolution of Ministry of Labour and Social Protection of the Russian Federation of 27.07.1999 No. 32 “About the approval of methodical recommendations about the organization of activity of the public (municipal) institution “complex center of social service of the population” (became invalid)]. Available at: http://www.consultant.ru/ document/cons_doc_LAW_25094/10.03.2018 (accessed 30.01.2019] (In Russ.)
24. Federal’nyy zakon ot 28.12.2013 № 442-FZ (red. ot 14.11.2017) «Ob osnovakh sotsial’nogo obsluzhivaniya grazhdan v Rossiyskoy Federatsii» [The federal law of 28.12.2013 No. 442-FL (an edition of 14.11.2017) “About bases of social service of citizens in the Russian Federation”] Available at: http://ivo.garant.ru /#/ document/70552648/paragraph/1:1 (data obrashheniya 30.01.2019) (accessed 30.01.2019) (In Russ)
25. Federal’nyy zakon N 419-FZ ot 01.12.2014, (s izmen. ot 24.11.1995) «O vnesenii izmeneniy v otdel’nye zakonodatel’nye akty Rossiyskoy Federatsii po voprosam sotsial’noy zashchity invalidov v svyazi s ratifikatsiey Konventsii o pravakh invalidov» [Federal law N 419- FL of 01.12.2014, (from treason. of 24.11.1995) “About introduction of amendments to separate acts of the Russian Federation concerning social protection of disabled people in connection with ratification of the Convention on the rights of disabled people”] Available at: http://www.consultant.ru/document/cons_doc _ LAW_171577/ (accessed: 30.01.2019) (In Russ)
26. Postanovlenie Pravitel’stva RF ot 24.11.2014 № 1236 «Ob utverzhdenii primernogo perechnya sotsial’nykh uslug po vidam sotsial’nykh uslug». [Resolution of the Government of the Russian Federation of 24.11.2014 No. 1236 “About the approval of the approximate list of social services in types of social services”] Available at: Consultant. ru›law/hotdocs/38791.html/ (accessed 30.01.2019) (In Russ)
27. Prikaz Ministerstva truda i sotsial’noy zashchity Rossiyskoy Federatsii ot 14 dekabrya 2017 N 847 «Ob utverzhdenii metodicheskikh rekomendatsiy po organizatsii razlichnykh tekhnologiy soprovozhdaemogo prozhivaniya invalidov, v tom chisle takoy tekhnologii, kak soprovozhdaemoe sovmestnoe prozhivanie malykh grupp invalidov v otdel’nykh zhilykh pomeshcheniyakh» [The order of the Ministry of Labour and Social Protection of the Russian Federation of December 14, 2017 N 847 “About the approval of methodical recommendations about the organization of different technologies of the accompanied accommodation of disabled people, including such technology as the accompanied cohabitation of small groups of disabled people in certain premises”] Available at: https://rosmintrud.ru/ docs/1278 (accessed 30.01.2019). (In Russ)
28. Рostanovlenie Pravitel’stva RF ot 1 dekabrya 2015 g. № 1297 «Ob utverzhdenii gosudarstvennoy programmy Rossiyskoy Federatsii «Dostupnaya sreda» na 2011 – 2020 gody». (In Russ) Available at: Consultant.ru›document/ cons_doc_LAW_189921/ (data obrashheniya 30.01.2019). [Resolution of the Government of the Russian Federation of December 1, 2015 No. 1297 “About the approval of the state program of the Russian Federation “Available envi- ronment” for 2011 – 2020”. (accessed 30.01.201] (In Russ.)
29. Postinternatnoe prozhivanie [Post-residential accommodation] Available at: http://www.busovosdd. ru/glavnaya/new s/2016/06/24/09-09-21/13 (accessed 30.01.2019) (In Russ.)
30. Kvartal-lui: official site [Quarter of Loui: official site] Available at: http://kvartal-lui.ru (accessed: 19.01.2019) (In Russ.)
31. Soprovozhdaemoe prozhivanie dlya invalidov [The accompanied accommodation for disabled people] Available at: http://kemerovograd.rf/stati/ soprovzhdaemoe-prozhivanie-dlja-invalidov (accessed 30.01.2019) (In Russ.)
32. Trenirovochnye kvartiry [Training apartments] Available at: http://osdom.org.ru/kak_obuchit/osobyh_molodyh_ lyudej/trenirovochnye_kvartiry/ (accessed 30.01.2019) (In Russ.)
33. Kats L.I., Storozhuk O.G., Kats Yu.M. Formy soprovozhdaemogo prozhivaniya vo Vladimirskoy oblasti. Yuridicheskie aspekty i opyt raboty VOOO ARDI «SVET» po vnedreniyu i razvitiyu soprovozhdaemogo prozhivaniya g. Vladimir [Forms of the accompanied residence in the Vladimir region. Legal aspects and experience of VOOO ARDI “SVET” on introduction and development of the accompanied accommodation Vladimir], 204 p. (In Russ)